Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

Birdy

They have negotiated with Ragnick and with Tuchel to stay.
Bayern has no profile nor direction atm, and it seems the only thing they agree is no Flick.

And it seems the same case with Barca, who have 3 of their most senior players being coached by him, and yet we never tried to get him.
Same thing with other clubs that have coaching openings, he wasn't linked to Liverpool, and while Manu, , and Chelsea still have coaches, they have ton of coaches linked to them and Flick name is barely there.

@DonAK is right tbh, something is their with Flick, the way both Germany and Bayern let him go, and how no one wants him is weird.
Maybe there is a character issue that isn't apparent to fans.

A lot of conspiracy theory here

ManU and Chelsea are not considering coaches YET.
Liverpool wanted a young coach, and I think it's the same reason for Bayern
Barca haven't considered him YET, because Laporta is an idiot that did not consider any coach and waited for Xavi for months

KingLeo10

Give it to Birdy.

We aren't winning the league v Mbappe RM anyway, so I want this discount "data scientist" to lead us to relegation and watch him scream "Fatporta" in press conferences :lol:

serghei

If Xavi is sacked, I'm really curious about the next manager. Will he be able to lead us to a 90-95 points La Liga season and CL quarters? Which are about the minimum expectations required to match Xavi's run with the club. I very much doubt it, but maybe Marquez or who is the chosen one after Xavi will be able to deliver at that level or even higher.

All outcomes are possible, because Xavi was good, but in truth he didn't really do extraordinary things that aren't possible to replicate by another good manager. He won the league last season by routinely beating the smaller teams over and over again with great consistency (many narrow 1-0 hard fought wins) and exploiting Madrid's sketchy league form, and eventually fell in CL to every superior opponent he faced in the last 2 seasons, despite the inspired performance vs PSG in 11 vs 11 scenario.

KingLeo10

If Xavi is sacked, I'm really curious about the next manager. Will he be able to lead us to a 90-95 points La Liga season and CL quarters? Which are about the minimum expectations required to match Xavi's run with the club. I very much doubt it, but maybe Marquez or who is the chosen one after Xavi will be able to deliver at that level or even higher.

All outcomes are possible, because Xavi was good, but in truth he didn't really do extraordinary things that aren't possible to replicate by another good manager. He won the league last season by routinely beating the smaller teams over and over again with great consistency (many narrow 1-0 hard fought wins) and exploiting Madrid's sketchy league form, and eventually fell in CL to every superior opponent he faced in the last 2 seasons, despite the inspired performance vs PSG in 11 vs 11 scenario.
Personally, my opinion of Xavi is that he's a good manager, with a couple of red flags that he needs to really improve on. 1) In game management and reactiveness; 2) Not throwing tantrums

The Xavi out crew are treading a dangerous line in painting him as a complete bum, because that would mean the next manager we hire should be flying with this team...which I highly suspect will happen :lol:

Porque

Is over three seasons one 90+ point season and 1 quarter final how low our standards have dropped?

Remember new manager will need 300m in transfer kitty too.

serghei

Personally, my opinion of Xavi is that he's a good manager, with a couple of red flags that he needs to really improve on. 1) In game management and reactiveness; 2) Not throwing tantrums

The Xavi out crew are treading a dangerous line in painting him as a complete bum, because that would mean the next manager we hire should be flying with this team...which I highly suspect will happen :lol:

No doubt he needs to improve, especially the bit about his reactions on the sideline.

You really think the Xavi out crew will keep the same line of reasoning once he is gone? They will obviously do a turnaround once he's gone. Or they will simply hate the next guy too by inflating the quality of the Barca squad just like with Xavi. I can see that happening just as well.

serghei

Is over three seasons one 90+ point season and 1 quarter final how low our standards have dropped?

Remember new manager will need 300m in transfer kitty too.

Not 3 seasons. 2 complete seasons. In the first season he got the team midway from 9th place. If you check the stats since he took over the team, he's up there with Madrid for points won per game even in that troublesome season. Even beat them 4-0 away that year.

In that season he got the team from 9th and got it to 2nd by the end. Just the simple fact you will go and use that argument is demeaning imo.

This season, sure, the team was all over the place league-wise, especially in the first part of the season. No comments about that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi is okay. If he's fired then I hope he goes to another European club instead of going back to Qatar or going to Saudi. Going to Germany would be good for him I think.

If Xavi stops being as narrow minded as a manager as he was a player he has a chance of returning in the future. Hopefully he improves his staff as well and stops hiring his family members and buddies that have less than five years of experience coaching in football.

serghei

Also, @Porque, yes, this is how "low" (to me that is not low at all) our standards have dropped. Winning a league title is no longer easy when our main rival is racking up CLs like crazy, and making even a CL quarterfinal is a notable achievement.

As said, I really hope the team continues to deliver at least at this level in the future. To improve on it without hundreds of millions of investments would be a dream for me. If the next manager does that, for me he's an instant hit.

Birdy

Reactionary Xavi apologists keep pilin up excuses, and distorted narratives to help their lost case

Xavi currently is a Secunda level manager. Get over it.
If he learns, he can improve, but he is such a narrow-minded idiotic prick that he refuses to learn and start from where he should have

delancey

He isn’t getting fired, is he? The tabloids are blowing this out of proportion, for that’s what they do; how they earn money. Clicks! The club hasn’t denied the reports, for Laporta is letting Xavi know who the boss is. Let him sweat a bit….

And if I am wrong, we essentially begged Xavi to continue on after he resigned, and then fired him a month later, costing x million dollars in salary expense. That’s quite retarded, for anyone, but especially for a club that is as broke as ours.

Home of Barca Fans