Liga Round 12: Real Sociedad - Barca 0-1

malvolio

When you think we've hit rock bottom in terms of playing style and quality and can't regress any further as a team, there comes another week of xaviball and we are even worse than before.

Zero shots on goal, one half-assed attempt by Cancelo if I'm not mistaken, and we got absolutely nothing on Real Sociedad. They are bang average and we're second best. The attack, the midfield, the defence all in shambles. Our players look like a bunch of accidental kids playing in the backyard not like La Liga team. If it wasnt for MATS we would be losing by now.
Sociedad are currently topping a far better CL group than ours.

Birdy

So much of what we do just lacks sense.

This "high press" we're trying to do, for example, is some of the most embarrassing stuff I've seen from a serious football team. Two simple passes and they're through for an attack.

Thank you
I have remarked it many times here.
For any press to work it needs organization, triggers, and intent.
Xavi pressing is players running all around like headless chicken.

Look at the comments in here. Most are whining about individuals, and they fail so badly to see the bigger picture. Mediocre players looking WC under Pep and Klopp, and WC players looking dwarfs under Xavi

serghei

It isnt really,, it is missing Xavi signing a DM and then likes of FDJ.

Busi was done and had to go.

Yeah, done at elite level, but still not easy to improve on if you don't have money to spend, and all you can do is a 3m net spend in the summer.

ajnotkeith

Our best thing under Xavi was we had an extremely high physical level and we would just run teams off the park at times.
We don't have that currently. We just kind of have nothing. Our system looks lost and the roles of the players arent concordant... everyone on a different wavelength and nothing is really clear.

We were much better with the Dembele system. Say what you want.

JamDav1982

Yeah, done at elite level, but still not easy to improve on if you don't have money to spend, and all you can do is a 3m net spend in the summer.

Easy enough to improve on.. Busi would not have got near a single other top team last season.

Two summers to address it..and end up with Romeu.

Barca had more than enough money to fill position better.

Maybe dont stockpile CBs and RWs while spening huge on an old CF.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Joao Felix is a decent player, but I'd rather not buy him and instead invest some fucking money into a proper LW something we're still yet to do after Neymar left.

So ridiculous.
We should pass on both of them. Should invest our money, which there won’t be much of, on better players that don’t have such clear weaknesses as those two.

Home of Barca Fans