Liga Round 16: Barca - Girona 2-4

Andresito

Staff member
I read the main issue with attendance is those late Sunday matches. Getting home from the arena is tougher than getting to it which makes the Sunday night longer than it has to be.

I remember even getting home from Camp Nou meant fully packed metros with long waiting times unless you were early, but at Montjuic the travel options are even worse. Now the club has installed free shuttles to and from the arena but I think the easiest (probably hardest as well) solution would be for La Liga to schedule the games on better timeslots.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I read the main issue with attendance is those late Sunday matches. Getting home from the arena is tougher than getting to it which makes the Sunday night longer than it has to be.

I remember even getting home from Camp Nou meant fully packed metros with long waiting times unless you were early, but at Montjuic the travel options are even worse. Now the club has installed free shuttles to and from the arena but I think the easiest (probably hardest as well) solution would be for La Liga to schedule the games on better timeslots.

I dont think its the time Sito, it was Barca vs Atletico,not a copa match against a 3rd leage team and who would not rather watch the match live in stadium and going to work tired than being fit and not in stadium?? The problem is as porque said the prices, i was in barca a few months ago and believe me Sito these guys have no money + the prices are unreal....

Neeraj

Pretty telling that one of the biggest games of the season has the lowest attendance yet. The prices are indeed insane. I'm saving up money for the CL KO game, it's pretty insane that seats in the corner (which I would never buy) are like 90 euros. It's only tourists that may pay those prices, there's no way those prices are aligned with the wages here.

Regarding travel to montjuic, true that's an issue but it's Atlético Madrid ffs not Elche.

We play boring Football. Add to that prices + transport and you have this situation. You can't have all 3 going against you. You really need 2/3 of convenience, prices and football really, at least.

Porque

Pretty telling that one of the biggest games of the season has the lowest attendance yet. The prices are indeed insane. I'm saving up money for the CL KO game, it's pretty insane that seats in the corner (which I would never buy) are like 90 euros. It's only tourists that may pay those prices, there's no way those prices are aligned with the wages here.

Regarding travel to montjuic, true that's an issue but it's Atlético Madrid ffs not Elche.

We play boring Football. Add to that prices + transport and you have this situation. You can't have all 3 going against you. You really need 2/3 of convenience, prices and football really, at least.

How is the season ticket situation?

I know for example teams like Villarreal have a ridiculous mark up (and especially with the lack of quality players and the tosh they have served up this season so far) of a min price of 50-60 for the worst seats against Osasuna for example. Yet on the other hand, their season ticket prices are very modest.

That's another way we could look at getting the attendances up.

Seems though they we have a typical capatalist situation of the club preferring to maintain high prices to make the same that they would with lower prices and a full stadium. Now though, if I recall LaLiga have/had a financial penalty if clubs have low attendances.

A final point, with the attendances being low, it also completely makes sense for fans to buy the cheapest seats, and then move down to the more expensive one once the game starts (go for it Neeraj).

Or better yet, go with full stadium concession store seller attire and walk in past security confidently.

Gnidrologist

I personally don't like late sunday matches either even though i don't travel to stadium to watch it. In my time zone these matches start at 22PM. I usually am eager to read some commentaries of it on here afterwards, which means i can go to sleep earliest at around 1AM, but it sometimes drags out. Not optimal for, when need to get back into working regime next day, especially if was on a drinking bout on weekend. :lol:
My impression is that like 3/4 or even 4/5 of all Barca matches are on Sundays, and usually the late ones. How cum?

Neeraj

How is the season ticket situation?

I know for example teams like Villarreal have a ridiculous mark up (and especially with the lack of quality players and the tosh they have served up this season so far) of a min price of 50-60 for the worst seats against Osasuna for example. Yet on the other hand, their season ticket prices are very modest.

That's another way we could look at getting the attendances up.

Seems though they we have a typical capatalist situation of the club preferring to maintain high prices to make the same that they would with lower prices and a full stadium. Now though, if I recall LaLiga have/had a financial penalty if clubs have low attendances.

A final point, with the attendances being low, it also completely makes sense for fans to buy the cheapest seats, and then move down to the more expensive one once the game starts (go for it Neeraj).

Or better yet, go with full stadium concession store seller attire and walk in past security confidently.

Haha yeah, that's not a bad call that - moving to better seats once inside, pretty easy when the stadium is that empty!

Regarding the season tickets - they are still extremely affordable. The renewal of the abono (membership card) is about 120 or something like that and then the actual season ticket, my friends have good ones and paid 275 for them iirc. The costliest ones might be a few hundred more.

The cheap prices are good but it means many catalans, (and every single one I know) renews and buys the season pass even if they have no intention of going. The odd big CL game and maybe the clásico and they've got their money's worth. Aside from that they hand it to their nieces and nephews, kids etc. So for most of the games they would just open up their seats for the club to sell it to the public (or many of them just let it collect dust in their drawers).

Of course, since it's impossible to actually be a foreigner and become a barca member, the only way for foreigners living here would be to 'rent' out a season ticket by paying someone which is technically against the rules... But yeah.

Neeraj

I personally don't like late sunday matches either even though i don't travel to stadium to watch it. In my time zone these matches start at 22PM. I usually am eager to read some commentaries of it on here afterwards, which means i can go to sleep earliest at around 1AM, but it sometimes drags out. Not optimal for, when need to get back into working regime next day, especially if was on a drinking bout on weekend. :lol:
My impression is that like 3/4 or even 4/5 of all Barca matches are on Sundays, and usually the late ones. How cum?
Yeah same. I don't know the numbers on this but if feels like we play the last Sunday match SO often. 6-7 pm kickoff would be ideal for a Sunday.

Porque

Haha yeah, that's not a bad call that - moving to better seats once inside, pretty easy when the stadium is that empty!

Regarding the season tickets - they are still extremely affordable. The renewal of the abono (membership card) is about 120 or something like that and then the actual season ticket, my friends have good ones and paid 275 for them iirc. The costliest ones might be a few hundred more.

The cheap prices are good but it means many catalans, (and every single one I know) renews and buys the season pass even if they have no intention of going. The odd big CL game and maybe the clásico and they've got their money's worth. Aside from that they hand it to their nieces and nephews, kids etc. So for most of the games they would just open up their seats for the club to sell it to the public (or many of them just let it collect dust in their drawers).

Of course, since it's impossible to actually be a foreigner and become a barca member, the only way for foreigners living here would be to 'rent' out a season ticket by paying someone which is technically against the rules... But yeah.

Makes sense as an investment, and it is human nature. I have a season ticket at a team that won't be named and it is the same. If the weather, kick off times lineup perfectly then I will go. If not, then what better than the warmth of the home. And the night games have been a historic problem in Spain bar a select few sides like Bilbao. San Moix is another that suffers on late night games.

The second represents an archaic issue of the socio model. Why couldn't they do a system where you can be member without voting rights, but giving you full access to season ticketing with proof of being located in the city.

If I recall from the forum that you had a season ticket last season? Did you opt against trying to secure this season because of the Montjuic move? If you don't mind me asking.

serghei

Just repeat the same team from the last 2 games. Copa games are gonna follow soon and the bench players are gonna play too.

Home of Barca Fans