Liga Round 17: Barca - Almería 3-2

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I love Xavi and I’ve stuck up for him many times but if we can’t beat Almeria tonight and he gets sacked I can’t say it’s wrong. Even if it’s not fully his fault and the squad is turning against him that is simply inexperience from the manager. Even if in his head is perfect and it’s just the squad not doing what he wants them to do that is a big part of being a manager. A manager with an average intelligence but great control of the squad will beat a manager with high intelligence but poor control of the squad 80% of the time.

FinBarcelonafan

Im starting to think that our success under Xavi was a result of being feared and psychological factors rather than actually being a good team.
We never really were convincing at any point. It seems like now teams aren't scared anymore and want to play their game against us we're crumbling.

We can maintain control when we're given it but we can never earn it. If a team is up for it against us we look lost.
I don't think that's entirely true; almost any La Liga coach would love to have our squad over their own, YET we play this shit. There is fear, but maybe not how we play ball.

CatalinR10

Being held to a draw vs last spot Almeria after first half

thierry-henry-smile.gif

FCBfan22

A draw against this Almeria combined with the past few results should be enough to get the coach sacked at any normal club.

But we are not normal, so...

Neeraj

Think we will come away with the win. Almería is very poor team and I anticipate some mistake or give aways. Having said that, a win for Almería here could decide Xavis fate (unlikely but possible).

So looking at it as a win win from here, whatever happens. The levels barca fans have bad to stoop to..

Home of Barca Fans