Lionel Messi - v7

Rassvet

Barcelona is working tirelessly to find solution with #Messi for his contract with the presence of the player's father. Objective: to overcome the tension and repel the attempts of other clubs such as the #Psg (Gianluigi Longari)

Stunning!!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Marca now claiming Messi will leave Barcelona and that the club are preparing a statement confirming it.
[MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] with the summer internship :coffee:

ajnotkeith

I'd also like to add that Catalan media have turned into a complete USSR-style propaganda outlet of Laporta's board and, if Messi doesn't renew, that you can no longer listen to anything they say pertaining to Barca's finances or renewals. They have already been very wrong on a bunch of renewals and exits. However I don't think Messi is leaving but it's believable that there are still ongoing negotiations.

Last edited:

DonAK

Sounds like we won't accept the cash from the investment fund as the club believe it will lock us up in a bad situation long-term, and are struggling to find agreements with players to lower their salaries and the sales of players to be able to sign and register Messi otherwise.

BBZ8800

Sounds like we won't accept the cash from the investment fund as the club believe it will lock us up in a bad situation long-term, and are struggling to find agreements with players to lower their salaries and the sales of players to be able to sign and register Messi otherwise.

I haven't followed everything.

Could you explain WHY we won't accept that money, what is the problem?

ajnotkeith

aaaaaaaa.jpgaaaaaaaa.jpgaaaaaaaa.jpg

Looks like Marca are saying the problem is the salary. So maybe the rumours about him being asked to take a further wage cut may be true given it's been reported for months that he agreed to 250k/week.

xxxxxx

I always thought this could happen. It seems Laporta has been less confident as the days went by. We?re too much in the shit to keep all our high earners and keep Messi.

We?ll see what happens by tonight, but it?s looking likely that we can?t resign him.

DonAK

I haven't followed everything.

Could you explain WHY we won't accept that money, what is the problem?

From what I've understood and I might be wrong, La Liga are selling 10% of the rights for a duration of 40 years to CVC which means they'll receive that part of the league's revenue, exactly 10%, for the next 40 years.

Barca and Real Madrid in particular believe that within the next 10-15 years CVC will have a considerable advantage and make way more money off La Liga than the clubs will do for receiving said money now.

Basically they'll lose out way more money long-term for this short-term cash injection.

ajnotkeith

I always thought this could happen. It seems Laporta has been less confident as the days went by. We?re too much in the shit to keep all our high earners and keep Messi.

We?ll see what happens by tonight, but it?s looking likely that we can?t resign him.

Tbf the indications we were in trouble this summer were very apparent, Atletico's tier ones were certain it was either Grizzy or Messi to be registered, and we've literally moved nobody but young players. The increasingly desperate bluffs from Laporta like saying it would take a great offer to sell Grizzy and a great offer to sell Coutinho made it more clear..

Home of Barca Fans