Lionel Messi - v7

ajnotkeith

There's no chance this is a bluff. He was perfectly clear that we needed hundreds of millions off the wage bill.

Laporta just said we could sign our new signings because they accepted certain conditions. Despite him just saying we were hundreds of millions over the bill lol

Neeraj

If this was a pure pressure play from Laporta, he would NOT use the sentence - "Today marks a new era".

That is very telling, that it is what it is, and he sees this as closed. I think they've just gotten fed up and said you know what letting Messi go resolves a LOT of issues, let's just take it on the chin and move on.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
There's no chance this is a bluff. He was perfectly clear that we needed hundreds of millions off the wage bill.

The thinking (or hoping) was more that there's no way this does not add an insane amount of pressure to la liga/Tebas from more sides than just Barca with a chance (albeit unlikely) that a solution could be found with more flexibel rules, not so much that they are pretending.

mc_lovin

Laporta just said we could sign our new signings because they accepted certain conditions. Despite him just saying we were hundreds of millions over the bill lol

More importantly they can be reconciled with the 1:4 rule. Messi can't. Not with 50ME/year.

ajnotkeith

More importantly they can be reconciled with the 1:4 rule. Messi can't. Not with 50ME/year.

Well let's take his example, to free 25m we need to free 100m. And let's say Emerson Depay Aguero Garcia were all 25m (conservative estimate)

The only major outgoing as I see it is Messi. Did we need to let go Messi to sign them

suckabov

Lemon curry?
If this was a pure pressure play from Laporta, he would NOT use the sentence - "Today marks a new era".

That is very telling, that it is what it is, and he sees this as closed. I think they've just gotten fed up and said you know what letting Messi go resolves a LOT of issues, let's just take it on the chin and move on.

Not a play, but the pressure is there. The question is more whether there's any chance la liga will do anything about it, or let it slip. Doubt Laporta wouldn't sign Messi if the situation changed.

Home of Barca Fans