Lionel Messi - v7

raskolnikov

Take in mind, barto rejected that 150m offer to let Messi go to not have that on his name.
For me its all on him and group.
Sinds Rosell they made bad decision after bad decision and ran us into the ground.

behindbrowneyes

Surely the club was over the salary limit over the last three seasons , strange that now all of a sudden its a major problem.

It wasn't a problem as long as the cashflow and revenue was there. Barca was expanding and contracts were signed in trust of rising revenue.

Things changed a lot in 1,5 years. Revenue nosedived and amortisations of expensive players like FDJ, Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele are killing us now. Amortisations get counted into the salary cap, that's why Barca can only pay 160M in salaries coming season. 19-20 we had a salary cap of 671M. Players have contracts for 4 or 5 years. The only players you can release are those whose contracts run out. And by negotiating salary cuts with players with contracts. If Barca wants to up their salary cap by 25M, they have to sell players for 100M. Mission impossible.

khaled_a_d

Of course he is a always was like that ! seems normal for a president to protect his ass first.

Protecting your ass on such situation will be choosing short term relief over long term.
Laporta could have sold assets, could have accepted CVC deal to save his ass.
He literally choose the long term solution that he might never live enough to forsee over couple of years , risking his own legacy as the club best ever president in the process.

Could blame Laporta for a lot of things, but protecting himself was not one

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Laporta: "Receiving a call from La Liga saying that the limit can be changed? It's a dream that we fans have, of course I imagine things... but the reality is what I am telling you."
Is there anything yet on la liga's reaction to any of this this? Or any other club's?

I have no clue whether Messi leaving would actually be enough of a hit for la liga to reconsider anything, or whether that's just fans' talk.

Home of Barca Fans