This is too much, dawg.

I look towards the future. Sad for Barca, but for US Messi fans imagine:

Messi/Neymar reunion
Messi/Pulisic partnership
Messi/Pep Reunion

I'll take either

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://theathletic.com/news/premier-league-to-roll-over-domestic-tv-rights-deal-after-government-approval/JdSHeIFxULbW%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwiYrOW34JzyAhWz4XMBHXfYDLcQFnoECBAQAg&usg=AOvVaw2XhsLFU31N_Afi6ZEVgRcs&cf=1

How is that relative to what we are discussing here?

For starters, it is talking about the British government giving the OK to forgo the tender process of bidding and instead just renew the existing rights deals.

Secondly, this is about the TV deal, not a deal like the CVC one involving selling part of the future money to an outside investor.

Third, regardless of the above, it is the UK, not Spain.

Messigician

Tebas speaks.

" Laporta is lying, he is claiming bankruptcy yet is proceeding with the 800m renovation of the camp nou"

Stunning!

Messigician

There are rumors Messi wanted a large signing on fee to offset the loss in earnings from his salary.

A 2 year contract paid in 5 was incredible. I wonder what made Laporta say enough is enough

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Tebas speaks.

" Laporta is lying, he is claiming bankruptcy yet is proceeding with the 800m renovation of the camp nou"

Stunning!

Did he really say that? If so, Tebas is a fool.

We are going ahead with the Espai Barca project to renovate Camp Nou (among other things) to help the club to grow its revenue and profile. Tebas must be a total moron to see that as a problem or something that derailed the signing of Messi.

If anything, it is Tebas' stubbornness and his refusal to relax the salary cap for one more season in the middle of a pandemic that led to the loss of Messi to other leagues.

Home of Barca Fans