Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

Being in a league where they're not tested goes against them in the Champions League every year

It is working against all three of 'big' teams in Spain.

The majority of teams they play week in week out are terrible and lack pace/physicality then cant cope when meet it in CL.

hardyboy

QSG will never be a ferrari, no matter how many players they buy. I ll stick my neck out and say they ll not win the cl even with that team.

As much as we hate them but we can't deny the fact that they are a fucking ferrari at the moment. It will be a dream of every player in the world to share the dressing room with the likes of Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and Ramos

eaman

It is working against all three of 'big' teams in Spain.

The majority of teams they play week in week out are terrible and lack pace/physicality then cant cope when meet it in CL.

No la liga just came to the end of its cycle in Europe. They were dominating when barca real and atletico had younger better teams. The europa league was the same. Lille are probably on the level of a mid table la liga team and the next best is even lower.

Morten

No la liga just came to the end of its cycle in Europe. They were dominating when barca real and atletico had younger better teams. The europa league was the same. Lille are probably on the level of a mid table la liga team and the next best is even lower.

No, without watching them too much, i have a hard time imagining them not getting top 4 in La Liga last season.

Newcomer

Maybe, maybe not.
Last i looked they couldn't even beat Lille, with a slighty less extreme squad.

Why is everyone forgetting the epic failure that was last season for PSG?

I don't know why people overrate PSG like that when their weaknesses are blatant and well known. Some have been patched, some didn't. PSG need at least one high level midfielder and one high level LB. And if all things are blending together, then they have a chance barring no injury.

Morten

I don't know why people overrate PSG like that when their weaknesses are blatant and well known. Some have been patched, some didn't. PSG need at least one high level midfielder and one high level LB. And if all things are blending together, then they have a chance barring no injury.

A state-run club shouldn't need anything to beat Lille, just quit this false humility.

bismp

At the moment,PSG have (at least on paper) one of the strongest squads in Europe,there’s no doubt about it.But,as we’ve seen a lot of times,chemistry and team football are often more important.

I’ll be honest with everyone,I think Leo deserves at least one more CL.It would be a big achievement to win a CL as a #1 or at least #2 guy at the age of 35.

Obviously it would be a dream to win it at Barca.

And of course,no matter what he does at PSG will NEVER eclipse his unbelievable career at Barca.

That said,Barca is quite weak at the moment,we need at least a few years to rebuild and even then nothing is guaranteed.So,I would like it if Leo added another CL and possibly another Ballon at his cabinet.

sickstar

I would say Laporta did not want Messi to leave. They had an agreement with a 50% salary reduction because Laporta was counting on the CVC deal that Tebas would bring. The terms were probably not very financially favorable for Bar?a, and it would probably mean Bar?a has to forget about the Super League for good. Because of this, it all fell apart and it was probably a shock for Leo.
Laporta had a difficult decision to make. It does suck for Messi to leave, especially like this and when he wanted to stay, but it was probably not worth having 2 more years with him and not really have chances to fight for the CL, and probably not even La Liga.
Perhaps more transparency from Laporta with Messi's side would have made more sense, but it is what it is. Can't blame Laporta for much else besides this.

It sucks now, we will probably suck for a couple of years, but it was necessary. Cut the dead weights over the next years and bet on the youngsters we currently have. Build to compete in 2024.

If this was true that laporta was hoping that a new financial agreement would solve the issues with messi and other players, then i wouldn't bash him for this condition.

Before it's a simple math. That's why the blame is on laporta's side. I believe it's been brought here again and again. Am not going to repeat once more.

But i'm quite sure, process like this is a very complex one. We don't know how exactly is the procedure of the contract, what is club's roles and rights in forming the agreement and how would the share of earning would be processed among the clubs, if suppose, the operator (la liga) takes a fix amouny, let's say 10% if i'm not mistaken. These complex issues are too hard to predict and to be fixed within mere weeks. Too many risks to take. In the end, if by the time the league is back open and things are still not sorted out about this CVC (or other investment company for the context), it's the end for every new faces + messi.

Home of Barca Fans