Lionel Messi - v7

Raketa10

It's unbelievable how some people on the forum would let Messi leave for free. However, they expect from Barca to sign few great 25y old players. I would sincerely love to hear how would they do that? Apparently, nowadays money grows on trees.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Puig got more minutes when Arthur 'left' so can effectively say he takes his spot.

Pjanic is without a doubt better than Arthur and is a professional which Arthur is not.

Balanced books for both clubs and Barca got better end of deal.

Barca midfield will have far more legs and be much better next season. Wait and see.

Our midfield would have improved, but we have big problems in other areas.

We would still have a shit defense. We can't rely on a young kid for our attack. Dembele will probably get injured. We would still need a world-class striker.... and Lautaro isn't the answer, especially at 100m plus.

xxxxxx

It's unbelievable how some people on the forum would let Messi leave for free. However, they expect from Barca to sign few great 25y old players. I would sincerely love to hear how would they do that? Apparently, nowadays money grows on trees.

Nobody is asking Messi to leave on a free. We're simply saying Bartomeu should negotiate.

JamDav1982

Our midfield would have improved, but we have big problems in other areas.

We would still have a shit defense. We can't rely on a young kid for our attack. Dembele will probably get injured. We would still need a world-class striker.... and Lautaro isn't the answer, especially at 100m plus.

Take it up with whoever used midfield as example.

ManusXavi

Arthur was less useful than a totally finished Rakitic lollll.

Pjanic and Gini will improve Barca's midfield significantly. Their ages are not the most ideal but Barca also doesn't have the funds to spend on top 25 year old midfielders.

I am happy to be called an idiot but I mean it when I say that Alena, Puig and De Jong can take us to Champions League glory. We don't need to spend any more money on a midfielder or another forward.

Raketa10

Let's be realistic here. We can't let him go for free. Getting some players or at least 100 mil + Garcia for him is our last hope. If he goes for free we will literally end up integrating few Barca B players in the first team in order to have enough players in the squad.

JamDav1982

Nobody is asking Messi to leave on a free. We're simply saying Bartomeu should negotiate.

You think City will negotiate when Messi is trying to argue his contract is up?

This is on City and Messi to progress. They need to agree Messi is still under contract or accept this goes to court unless Barca back down. Which hopefully do not do.

Folk blaming Barca for no negotiations are completely ignorant to situation.

ebc_99

And who is claiming that Pjanic and Wajnaldum are good transfers? Basically no one. The club has no money, just deal with it. Pjanic was bought for 0 in order to balance books and Wajnaldum is probably one of the few affordable players on the market. Are they good enough? For sure not, but this board has brought us here. If Messi goes for free we wont have any money for transfers. So either we get some decent amount for Messi or we won't sign anyone this summer.

How can you say Wajnaldum and Pjanic are not good enough? They are both top class players that will improve us enormously, we got the better end of the Arthur deal for sure. Those 2 players offer qualities that we seriously lack, and along with Puig they are a major upgrade on Rakitic, Vidal & Arthur.

El Gato

Villarato!

Absolutely nothing wrong with letting a legend go for free or next to nothing. If Barca weren't in position where they need to make money anywhere, it'd never be an issue.

Makes perfect sense to want money in this case obv, but nothing wrong with the clause by itself.

blaugrana1987

Money doesn't grow on the trees, but then again you don't spend 130M on Coutinho, send him to loan where he wins CL and then you pay additonal 5M for this.

Its just that we have been incredibly mismanaged. We are club with highest revenue in the world and absolutely worst finances. Why? Because in last 5 years our outgoing transfers have been laughably bad (look at Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez). We can't sell for shit, yet we are buying like absolute retards.

Then you have forum members such as yourself saying "money doesn't grow on the trees". No shit it doesn't, but with our kind of revenue it almost did, but if Messi goes the golden goose is gone and this board knows it. He is like 50% of our marketing money I assume at this point...

People from middle east and asia are watching Barca games because Messi plays, not to see absolute abomination that was Barca football last 2-3 seasons.

Raketa10

I am happy to be called an idiot but I mean it when I say that Alena, Puig and De Jong can take us to Champions League glory. We don't need to spend any more money on a midfielder or another forward.

Dude, Alena is on the level of a squad player for Betis or Villareal. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans