Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Seems clear all parties want Leo’s return but now a question of trust that Barça can execute approved viability plan in timely manner to ensure Leo’s registration

Camp Messi are understandably traumatized by last time assurances failed to materialize. Ball is in Joan’s court to convince
Exactly...

CatalinR10

Many players reject huge offers from places like Middle East and China in the past.

Huge offers like what ? 20 mil / year , maybe 30 ? Fucking LOL comparing that pocket money with the pharaonic amount that is talked these days.

As soon as Benzema was hit with that 200 mil (?) / season offer he packed his bags as fast as he could regardless that he could play more in Europe.

News that Kante is gonna accept a 100 mil / year offer as well.

Even those fucking ridiculous numbers don't come close to the 1,2 billion that is lately rumored to be the offer Messi has on the table for 2 years. If he postpones his leave even for 1 year , so he could say goodbye the proper way to Barca ,then hats off to him.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Huge offers like what ? 20 mil / year , maybe 30 ? Fucking LOL comparing that pocket money with the pharaonic amount that is talked these days.

As soon as Benzema was hit with that 200 mil (?) / season offer he packed his bags as fast as he could regardless that he could play more in Europe.

Even those fucking ridiculous numbers don't come close to the 1,2 billion that is lately rumored to be the offer Messi has on the table for 2 years. If he postpones his leave even for 1 year , so he could say goodbye the proper way to Barca ,then hats off to him.
Messi can easily join Barca for a last year or two and still make a similar amount in Saudi Arabia when he’s ready to downgrade. What’s the point in choosing money over one last big part of his legacy when he can choose both? They aren’t gonna run out of money to offer the best player that ever lived, can tell you that :LOL:

Temptation

Relatively for those poorer players that amount is just as big.

Messi is miles richer than them players already

malvolio

Relatively for those poorer players that amount is just as big.

Messi is miles richer than them players already
Weren't players packing bags and moving to China or Chechnya?

Amounts were big, but not this big? Plus all these players are semi-retired. Of course they can take a deal like that now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am kinda torn. On one hand I don't want Messi to return as it doesn't benefit us, on the other hand I really don't want him to take the huge money and go to Saudi Arabia as I think such a move will tarnish his image. Come on Messi, just go back to Argentina.

Birdy

Seems clear all parties want Leo’s return but now a question of trust that Barça can execute approved viability plan in timely manner to ensure Leo’s registration

Camp Messi are understandably traumatized by last time assurances failed to materialize. Ball is in Joan’s court to convince

His registration can never be guaranteed as it depends on people like Ansu or Ferran accepting being transferred elsewhere.
And they won't, all leaks say so. Frenkie's case last summer should have taught them to never plan like that, but Laporta and the board never learn
Barca is a place everyone wants to be, and no other place compares to that - especially if a player is young and not looking for a petro-dollar retirement home

I am kinda torn. On one hand I don't want Messi to return as it doesn't benefit us, on the other hand I really don't want him to take the huge money and go to Saudi Arabia as I think such a move will tarnish his image. Come on Messi, just go back to Argentina.
I don't want him to return either for the same reason.
But i don't agree with the last part: it would be nice for people to get disillusioned for once about people they idolize. They have built an image in which Messi is almost close to a saint

Temptation

Weren't players packing bags and moving to China or Chechnya?

Amounts were big, but not this big? Plus all these players are semi-retired. Of course they can take a deal like that now.
Messi can still cut it in LL for a year or 2.

Nothing wrong in wanting to make money for his family but something about those Oil League leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. Just shows where Football is heading. We're "legacy fans" anyways so we're irrelevant.

Porque

Messi can easily join Barca for a last year or two and still make a similar amount in Saudi Arabia when he’s ready to downgrade. What’s the point in choosing money over one last big part of his legacy when he can choose both? They aren’t gonna run out of money to offer the best player that ever lived, can tell you that :LOL:

Don't underestimate the pride of the Saudi. They want Messi now and will offer him big money to get him now because clubs like Barca still want him in Europe.

He just won the world cup so his value to them is right now.

If he rejects them now, they will probably come back for him in the future but at half the amounts that were talking now perhaps. So still huge money, but a Cristiano amount.

Porque

Messi can still cut it in LL for a year or 2.

Nothing wrong in wanting to make money for his family but something about those Oil League leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. Just shows where Football is heading. We're "legacy fans" anyways so we're irrelevant.

Is there any difference in getting your oil money paid in Saudi than to getting it paid in Paris, Manchester or Newcastle?

Home of Barca Fans