Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnN

Why are people caring what revenue Messi brings to PSG lmao?

:lol: Couldn't care less

I only care if he brings them a CL so he can shut up all the haters once again. Now, we are not in contention anyway, so I' d rather PSG win it than real, Bayern, Liverpool or.
But even if he does help them to a cl the haters will keep on hating.
If Messi doesn't win cl: big fail with stacked team.
If Messi wins cl: carried by a stacked team.
There is no way to satisfy some people.

Birdy

I only care if he brings them a CL so he can shut up all the haters once again. Now, we are not in contention anyway, so I' d rather PSG win it than real, Bayern, Liverpool or.
But even if he does help them to a cl the haters will keep on hating.
If Messi doesn't win cl: big fail with stacked team.
If Messi wins cl: carried by a stacked team.
There is no way to satisfy some people.

CL is won by the team, not the player.
PSG wins it, with messi being just a part of it, just as Neymar is also a part, just as Mbape.

But let me ask you:
Why would you rather see an oil-money 'Galactico' team that has scandalously violated all FFP restrictions win it,
than Liverpool or Bayern, who are collective teams with collective spirits, and careful with the money they splash??

suckabov

Lemon curry?
not in the squad for tomorrow, likely he'll not even play next week. lewandowski gonna be ahead of him in double digit for the time he scores his first goal with PSG :mou:

He said in an interview that PSG put him a fitness plan of being available to play again late August.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

According to ligue 1 only goalkeepers are allowed to wear jersey number 30

But they changed their rules,so that only Lionel Messi can wear it. Yes, he's bigger than the game 🐐❤

Meanwhile LaLiga can't even register him lol

thats a really stupid rule, the numbers should be available for everyone

malvolio

He obliterated Ronaldo even in the shirts sold over first 24h department.

PSG may not care about the revenue but they'll get truck loads of money anyway.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
But let me ask you:
Why would you rather see an oil-money 'Galactico' team that has scandalously violated all FFP restrictions win it,
than Liverpool or Bayern, who are collective teams with collective spirits, and careful with the money they splash??

PSG represent the pinnacle of a development in football all of us despise, and represent it in a completely smug way too, but precisely because they have no history, I don't have any negative emotional connotation with them. Granted, I don't want football to be like this, I wish this development wasn't happening, and in a perfect football world, if i could pick what club is allowed to exist and which not, I would pick them to be abolished and Bayern, Real, Liverpool to continue to exist. But PSG are like an evil AI to me, something dystopian which endangers how things used to be, but ultimately, like a robot, something without character that I can't like or dislike.

Bayern meanwhile, I have a burning hate for. Hope they fail every single season. Same for Real.

I could stomach PSG winning something much better than Bayern or Real (Liverpool I don't have anything against), I would think 'oh look what the world has come to, something must be done against teams like that!' but not engage in it more on a passionate or emotional level, whereas when Bayern win I can't bear to go on social media because I'd surprise myself with how passionately hateful I can be.

That said, Nasser is a different subject. Can't take his smug grins and weird Barca obsession.

Last edited:

malvolio

PSG represent the pinnacle of a development in football all of us despise, and represent it in a completely smug way too, but precisely because they have no history, I don't have any negative emotional connotation with them. Granted, I don't want football to be like this, I wish this development wasn't happening, and in a perfect football world, if i could pick what club is allowed to exist and which not, I would pick them to be abolished and Bayern, Real, Liverpool to continue to exist. But PSG are like an evil AI to me, something dystopian which endangers how things used to be, but ultimately, like a robot, something without character that I can't like or dislike.

Bayern meanwhile, I have a burning hate for. Hope they fail every single season. Same for Real.

I could stomach PSG winning something much better than Bayern or Real (Liverpool I don't have anything against), I would think 'oh look what the world has come to, something must be done against teams like that!' but not engage in it more on a passionate or emotional level, whereas when Bayern win I can't bear to go on social media because I'd surprise myself with how passionately hateful I can be.

That said, Nasser is a different subject. Can't take his smug grins and weird Barca obsession.

Tbf I find the likes of City or PSG to be pretty well run clubs. Have they been charged with something around FFP? Don't remember them having a transfer ban either, like Barca, Real, Chelsea or Atletico did.

What they try to achieve they obtain. Sure, being backed by states with endless amounts of money helps.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
He obliterated Ronaldo even in the shirts sold over first 24h department.

Somehow this move with all its parts (the farewell tears and then the media frenzy in Paris) coupled with the Copa America glory have made him more-larger-than-life than ever before. The attention is crazy, not like anything I remember from his time here or from anyone. It genuinely manifested him as the biggest person in football, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans