Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
which was the state of things in March 2022. Now its end of Dec and most of these NT sides had an underwhelming WC
Like I said above, Argentina proved the most consistent in the end
Far from the super team the fanboys (you included) were making them out to be, while making Messi out to be like Messi 2012

No one said they were a super team, but they were always one of the favorites of the tourney because they were unbeaten in 30+ games and had a working system + good players which this WC have proven. Also beat Brazil, one of the top two favorites for the World Cup in a Copa America final on their home soil.

Basically what a lot of us were saying was that Messi had a good team where he simply worked. Scaloni had a functional system. A lot of analysts and people had them as one of the favorites going into the World Cup too. As a top four team or at worst a top five team.

The only issue here was your absolutism and you trying to act like you're so much smarter than everyone else laughing at people who suggested they were a very good team.

So either you're not as bright as you think you are or intellectually dishonest because of your dislike of one player here. So before you talk about nuance or fanboyism why don't you go and follow your own advice first?

Last edited:

Birdy

Argentina is far from a super team and Messi is far from his 2012 prime. No one in this forum or anywhere claimed those things.
This is the essence of this achievement you are desperately trying to downplay.

Cm'oon lad, you get it
They didn't claim it directly, but implied it though excess/exaggeration/fanboyism and not reasoned and moderate judgment
Read the last 20 pages of this thread since the final is over

None of the teams you (@Birdy) talked about were many levels above Argentina. Still aren't.

Didn't I just write above that all these had underwhelming WC and Argentina proved more consistent than all of them in the end?

Last edited:

KingLeo10

And he was spot on with that. Pretty tinpot. Everything about that thing. Starting from the name. :lol:

No one said it was a World Cup. But it was an official game is all I'm saying and Argentina beat Italy convincingly (doesn't much TOO much in hindsight considering Italians shat the bed themselves...but it's not some friendly game).

jamrock

There was no team in the world that is levels better than Argentina, they have there weaknesses especially in defense, with Otamendi & none of their fullbacks are WC, but levels above nah.

Temptation

No one said it was a World Cup. But it was an official game is all I'm saying and Argentina beat Italy convincingly (doesn't much TOO much in hindsight considering Italians shat the bed themselves...but it's not some friendly game).

I'd rate it like a Nation's League game. Fair?

Horatio

You're welcome
Oh shit, forgot about you. Apologies :lol:

Didn't even read your post when I wrote mine. But now see it looks like a response to that wasn't. But thanks anyways. @soul remembers for sure.

I did @)#( my pants today against France. Did not know Argentina would pull through to be honest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans