Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Yes, but football in 1980s was extremely different to current era. And Messi never had an outrageous tournament like Maradona in Mexico. Goes both ways, point is both are confined to the particularities of their own era.

In terms of skills, both are an easy 10/10. Beyond that, it's getting into fanzone stuff.

JamDav1982

Messi is better than Maradona was and can compare eras.

Otherwise never have a GOAT in any sport.

Maradona 86 was unreal but a lot of myths follow him as well.

Romanian bro,Messi voted best ever by Voetball and 442.In both of them Maradona placed second.It's been my belief that when you compare a player to Messi you just let everyone know that your football knowledge is equivalent to mine in seducing women.I watch nearly every Messi and Ronaldo game.Messi is the best by far but I still think Ronaldo achieved more because of 3 leagues,euro and 5ucl.Just look at football manager (dont tell me its stupid lmao) to see how much Messi is superior to Cristiano.

serghei

Messi is better than Maradona was and can compare eras.

Otherwise never have a GOAT in any sport.

Maradona 86 was unreal but a lot of myths follow him as well.

Many myths around Messi too, most of his big wins and elite high-end performances were during the dream team under Pep and during the MSN trio touted as one of the best attacking ensembles of all time. As I said, fanzone stuff.

You can nitpick and find flaws in any career if you want.

Here's my boat and goat list as a fan of football
BOAT
1.Messi
2.Maradona
3.Pele
4.Cristiano
5.Cruyff
6.Di Stefano

GOAT
1.Cristiano (don't kill me)
2.Pele
3.Messi
4.Maradona
5.Di Stefano
6.Cruyff

JamDav1982

Many myths around Messi too, most of his big wins and elite high-end performances were during the dream team under Pep and during the MSN trio touted as one of the best attacking ensembles of all time. As I said, fanzone stuff.

You can nitpick and find flaws in any career if you want.

Nah Messi career is far more fact than myth in comparison to Mardona.

Can compare eras and Maradona was not as good as Messi. He was more or less held up as best in world for 1 maybe 2 seasons in his career.

I was reading this forum half my life...first time I read on a Barcelona forum that Messi is best was 2010 when he put 4 past Gunners..you could tell after his goal vs Getafe(April 2007) and hattrick vs Real Madrid the biggest club ever (at 19!!!!) in dying seconds that he is best ever by far.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I was reading this forum half my life...first time I read on a Barcelona forum that Messi is best was 2010 when he put 4 past Gunners..you could tell after his goal vs Getafe(April 2007) and hattrick vs Real Madrid the biggest club ever (at 19!!!!) in dying seconds that he is best ever by far.

you waited 12 years to become finally a member on this forum ? Great endurance :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans