Liverpool

Ataraxia

moreno and lovren look really good deals, even henderson deal which I attacked couple years back seems to be working now. He is becoming central to liverpool slowly. Still markovic is the one to watch,he is the one who should push liverpool that step forward. But moreno and lovren ....money well payed. Lallana remains to be seen but obviously english players cost much and liverpool want them at the core of their team, so cant attack them for that. It's sometimes easy to attack liverpool's deals ( sometimes they are bad) but sometimes they really work. Also they have good depth, and their defense is awesome

Manquillo/Johnson----Skrtel/Toure/Coates----Lovren/Sakho----Moreno/Enrique

one of the best in the league actually if they click, better than manutd's and arsenal's.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Their defense is still woeful. The City game really emphasised that. Even after this transfer window, they haven't really improved that much, IMO.

RB: Johnson is shit. It's amazing he's still there. As for Manquillo, he is still young. Talented player though.
CB: Skrtel has the occasional good game, but otherwise, he is average. Toure is a joke. Lovren is a decent buy, but needs time to adapt. Sakho hasn't really improved since he left PSG.
LB: Moreno is really good at going forward, but that's it. His defending is average at best. Enrique is average.

When you look at the players individually, it's no wonder they conceded 50 goals in the league last season. To be fair though, some of the blame is on Rodgers.

Ataraxia

their defense individual wise is actually really really good. Liverpool can hardly do better unless they splash 100 million on defenders only. Their conceding goals has a lot to do with their style of play and ofcourse also the lack of protection from a proper DM. But individual wise they are really good. Just compare their backline to the rest of the EPL big guns and you will see they have quality and depth. I rank their defense second best after chelsea's even a bit better than mancitys.They only need to have a leader there, I think lovren can do the job this season.

BenRobbins

their defense individual wise is actually really really good. Liverpool can hardly do better unless they splash 100 million on defenders only. Their conceding goals has a lot to do with their style of play and ofcourse also the lack of protection from a proper DM. But individual wise they are really good. Just compare their backline to the rest of the EPL big guns and you will see they have quality and depth. I rank their defense second best after chelsea's even a bit better than mancitys.They only need to have a leader there, I think lovren can do the job this season.

Zabaleta >>>> Manquillo/Johnson Kompany>>>>>Lovren Demichellis/Mangala>>>>Skrtel Morene>>>Kolarov

So only moreno gets in the city defense and thats close due to Kolarov being underated and his attacking threat is alot better than moreno's? Don't see how you have come to the above conclusion?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

Second best in the PL? Last season, City, Everton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Southampton and even Crystal Palace conceded fewer goals. Getting rid of Agger and bringing in Lovren won't do much difference. I don't buy your claim that it's due to their style of play. Many of the goals they conceded last season were due to regular mistakes from their defenders. As for the lack of protection from a proper DM you mention, do Arsenal have one? Not really. Man Utd's midfield is terrible, still they conceded fewer goals. Liverpool's defence is their main weak point, IMO. Even Everton's back four of Coleman-Jagielka-Distin-Baines is better. Hadn't it been for the fantastic partnership between Suarez and Sturridge and the many goals last season, the media would've slaughtered their defence.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
10620548_10204942556548479_4032149041773801609_n.jpg

Nuff said!

Barcadub

10620548_10204942556548479_4032149041773801609_n.jpg

Nuff said!

That is class.

I took my Barcelona jersey to the Megastore at the Nou Camp but they have a rule they cant put the champions league badge on the left hand side. and on the right hand side was the La Liga badge already on it. Had to settle for the Beeko sponsor on the left side.

Next time im over il have to buy the away champions league jersey!!

Irish_Cules

That penalty shootout last night was ridiculous. The standard of penalties was pretty high but there were a few that should have been saved. Mignolet must have been embarrassed at the end when everyone went to celebrate with him.

Home of Barca Fans