Liverpool

Temptation

Edwards was the man behind Klopp's appointment, the most data-driven SD on the planet.
Keep trying.
Football is moving towards the future and some dinosaurs live in the past

Wouldn't this kinda data and numbers automatically be very good for the elite coaches like Pep and Klopp?

Apart from data, things like availability, experience, perception and educated estimations are other factors that are used in the hunt for a manager.

Windhook

There is no need for data analytics to show Klopp is the best candidate for a club. An average football fan can see those. Quit this nonsense like there are genuises working at Liverpool.

Next manager of Liverpool has too big shoes to fill. Klopp dedicated almost a decade to build this team and mentality.

JamDav1982

Choosing Klopp who was sought after coach at the time who was available is no huge data success.

If it was being used to unearth coaching gems maybe but not in that case.

City could claim same about Pep..

KingLeo10

:lol: :lol: I see the amateur "data scientist" is back at it again

Friendly reminder: Laporta hired Pep (yes, he probably didn't know what a massive success this unproven manager would turn out to be) but he's got more in terms of achievements than these "data driven" SDs :lol:

Like Jammy said, the true test is unearthing unknowns who go on to be all time great managers. Unless you do that, and do that systematically, common sense is as good if not better than "data" as it stands.

KingLeo10

First real rebuilding job Liverpool faces after their golden years. Staying at the top is infinitely harder.
The golden years weren't even that golden. They missed the CL a couple times and finished way behind the top in another couple of years.

1 PL and 1 CL from 9 years. Maybe 2 PL but I think City will run them down again.

Temptation

The golden years weren't even that golden. They missed the CL a couple times and finished way behind the top in another couple of years.

1 PL and 1 CL from 9 years. Maybe 2 PL but I think City will run them down again.

Having lived through the journey, it does feel very little ngl.

It should have and could have easily been 3 PLs and 2 CLs and numerous cups based on how dominant we were, the points we earned and how many chances we had.

That 22 CL final against Madrid still hurts. In the 18 final, we lost Salah early and Karius literally gifted them 2 goals which even outfield players would have saved. Score would have been 1-1 in 90 mins.

We could have won so much more!!!

delancey

Yeah but their net spend was slightly north of 200m in … 9 years.

Winning a league title, a CL title, some small domestic titles, and playing attractive football (with that mediocre squad)… is a monumental achievement.

Temptation

Yeah but their net spend was slightly north of 200m in … 9 years.

Winning a league title, a CL title, some small domestic titles, and playing attractive football (with that mediocre squad)… is a monumental achievement.
It's a fantastic achievement.

Klopp did a 9/10 job imo. Would be 10/10 if we won 1 more CL.

The team he created from scratch is amazing.

Think the disappointment stems from the fact that we could have easily won 1 more CL and PL with a lil bit of luck.

delancey

It's a fantastic achievement.

Klopp did a 9/10 job imo. Would be 10/10 if we won 1 more CL.

The team he created from scratch is amazing.

Think the disappointment stems from the fact that we could have easily won 1 more CL and PL with a lil bit of luck.
True! To be fair, Pep too only has 1 CL title to his name over the last 9 years, and if it hadn’t been for Manchester City, Liverpool would have had more league titles as well. Oh well! That’s how it goes sometimes. :lol:

Temptation

True! To be fair, Pep too only has 1 CL title to his name over the last 9 years, and if it hadn’t been for Manchester City, Liverpool would have had more league titles as well. Oh well! That’s how it goes sometimes. :lol:
Klopp has done a way better job with Liverpool in the CL than Pep has with City in the CL. Even if you forget the difference in net spend.

We reached the final 3 times and didn't get humiliated much by far weaker teams.

delancey

Klopp has done a way better job with Liverpool in the CL than Pep has with City in the CL. Even if you forget the difference in net spend.

We reached the final 3 times and didn't get humiliated much by far weaker teams.
Yup. I remember! I’d love to see Klopp take over a smaller Spanish team, say Girona or AB. Would be great for La Liga.

Not gonna happen but would be cool. Klopp is so good that he could win a league title with a much inferior squad.

Temptation

Yup. I remember! I’d love to see Klopp take over a smaller Spanish team, say Girona or AB. Would be great for La Liga.

Not gonna happen but would be cool. Klopp is so good that he could win a league title with a much inferior squad.
Would love to see that cunt Pep manage Doncaster Rovers but the coked up baldie is too scared of a challenge!

Home of Barca Fans