Liverpool

M

mitkoa7x

6CDafuJgEmg.jpg

Ambrosia

This match is really Liverpool v Van Persie. If VP has a quiet game, Liverpool win. If he doesn't, we lose. Simples.
Apologies. I meant "this match is really Liverpool v The Referee. Won't make the same mistake again. Again, my apologies.

XaviMessiGirl

yeah its like otherwise they would manage to win....

We probably could have, or at worst gotten a draw. Even w/ 10 men we still outplayed them, they won because of a non-existent penalty and who knows with 11 men that other goal might have been prevented.

I'm usually not one to cry over "what ifs" but that was seriously the worst robbery I've seen in a while.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Just thinking about that Suso sub that Rodgers made at the start of the second half. It would have been so easy for him to put someone in there like Sahin or Henderson. Someone with more experience instead of an 18 year old kid who's never played in the premier league before.

That took massive balls and huge belief. Not a single one of the managers I've seen at LFC in the last 25 years would have done that. They'd have gone for the safer option.

It sends an absolutely fantastic message to the entire squad. Suso did well on Thursday thus he got game time today. That simple. Perform and you'll get your chance. Too often in the last few years, players who haven't performed would still get in the team on name alone whereas players who did ok wouldnt get a look in.

It works the reverse too. No Downing in the squad was very telling. No price tag will dictate who gets in. Ok, so some could point at Carra being in the squad. But when Agger was suspended, it was Coates who filled in against City not Carra.

He needs results in, no doubt about that. But 2 points from 15 and yet noone's turned on him. Think everyone is pretty clear about the challenges ahead and the plan he's trying to implement. And I think all of us are behind that.

Banana-Rama

shelvey was making reckless tackles all game, he should of been on a yellow already for another bad tackle before he got the straight red, no-one to blame but himself for that, i don't go along with people saying evans should also get red, evans was clumsy but not as bad as shelvey...............

liverpool dominated the first half but it was all pretty football with no end product at the end, liverpool really need to buy a goalscorer to lead the line, liverpool lost because they were not good enough today, that is one of the worst united performances i have seen in a long time and we still came away with the win so that tells you all you need to know about liverpool at the moment.............

i can't believe there are people contesting the penalty, valencia was one on one with the keeper and about to shoot, he probably would of scored but got taken out from behind, what do you want the referee to do other then give a penalty, i agree suarez maybe should of had one but it was one of those 50/50 decisions, it was far from an obvious penalty, sometimes you get them sometimes you don't, blaming the referee is nonsense to be honest, liverpool lost today because they were not good enough...........

Home of Barca Fans