Lliga | Round 1: Athletic Club - FC Barcelona 0-1

V

vigneshFCB

Well, why should I write essays to your questions for your satisfaction?

BBZ8800

I am not expecting too much from August and September (maybe even October, who knows?) of the Season.

We can win today 3:0 with 2 goals in the opening 10 minutes, but we can easily play like against Fiorentina and similar.

If we win=awesome.
If we lose/draw=well, we need to lose a few times until players will recharge their motivational batteries

Whatever happens, I won't be mad at them.
Because, from a psychological point of view, a start of the new season after extremely successful previous season is the hardest thing.

Beast

The Observer
3-0 to Barcelona.. forget the pre-season trophies.. that's the liga..
Pique missing is no big deal.. you'll keep them busy with Messi upfront.. i'm sure Lucho was working on the fitness levels plus Bilbao will be tired like a dog after their Europe games and will rest for the next Europa game on Thursday ..

BBZ8800

Why is calling Lucho pragmatic a stab at Lucho?

I am not in your 1 vs 1 debate, but from reading your posts, it sounds like this to an average user:
= Pep is a God. Pep is a genius. Pep had such an awesome ideas. Pep played so attacking and beautiful. Pep always wanted to dominate through possession. Pep would never play defensive
= Your thoughts on Lucho, related with Pep: Lucho is not such a genius. Pep is better. Pep's team played more beautifu. Pep's team had more possession. Why is Lucho giving away possession? Why is Lucho playing defensively sometimes, Pep wouldn't do that? And in the end, because Lucho sometimes plays less attacking, less "all in", and because his team doesn't hold the possession all the time, he can be compared to Mou.

When you read all that, it sounds in every post that Pep is a God, and that his type of football is the best way of playing football.
But, a majority of this forum wouldn't want our team to play Pep's Tiki-Taka anymore.
That tactic belongs to 2009-2012, and that's it.
We don't think that Pep's team is better than Lucho's, and we don't think that Lucho's tactics are weaker/worse than Pep's because he doesn't hold the possession all the time and because he doesn't play with a high defensive line and goes all in all the time.

Honestly, your each post sounds as if everything what Pep did/how we played is 2-3-5 times better than what is Lucho doing.

For me, Pep and Lucho are the same.
Both are legends.
Both had their flaws.

I personally don't want Pep here again, and I am not a crazy fan of his style in 2015.
It doesn't work anymore on the highest level.
It works against Levantes and weak Bundesliga teams.
Against best teams, he will be trashed more often than not.

Last edited:
V

vigneshFCB

I am not in your 1 vs 1 debate, but from reading your posts, it sounds like this to an average user:
= Pep is a God. Pep is a genius. Pep had such an awesome ideas. Pep played so attacking and beautiful. Pep always wanted to dominate through possession. Pep would never play defensive
= Your thoughts on Lucho, related with Pep: Lucho is not such a genius. Pep is better. Pep's team played more beautifu. Pep's team had more possession. Why is Lucho giving away possession? Why is Lucho playing defensively sometimes, Pep wouldn't do that? And in the end, because Lucho sometimes plays less attacking, less "all in", and because his team doesn't hold the possession all the time, he can be compared to Mou.

When you read all that, it sounds in every post that Pep is a God, and that his type of football is the best way of playing football.
But, a majority of this forum wouldn't want our team to play Pep's Tiki-Taka anymore.
That tactic belongs to 2009-2012, and that's it.
We don't think that Pep's team is better than Lucho's, and we don't think that Lucho's tactics are weaker/worse than Pep's because he doesn't hold the possession all the time and because he doesn't play with a high defensive line and goes all in all the time.

Honestly, your each post sounds as if everything what Pep did/how we played is 2-3-5 times better than what is Lucho doing.

For me, Pep and Lucho are the same.
Both are legends.
Both had their flaws.

I personally don't want Pep here again, and I am not a crazy fan of his style in 2015.
It doesn't work anymore on the highest level.
It works against Levantes and weak Bundesliga teams.
Against best teams, he will be trashed more often than not.

I never compared Lucho to Pep in this discussion. I just said that Lucho is pragmatic. I never discussed whether Pep is or is not pragmatic. That's off-topic.
My view:
Lucho, being pragmatic, is likely to adopt a counterattacking approach against Bilbao. Hence, if this tactic is followed, Bilbao will dominate possession (as Barca are tired).

serghei

My view:
Lucho, being pragmatic, is likely to adopt a counterattacking approach against Bilbao. Hence, if this tactic is followed, Bilbao will dominate possession (as Barca are tired).

Barcelona with Lucho is not a counter-attack based team. We are a possession team with a deadly counterattack as well. That's very different.

Vilarrubi

Barcelona with Lucho is not a counter-attack based team. We are a possession team with a deadly counterattack as well. That's very different.

+1

Whoever suggested Barca not having most of the possession and being a counter attacking team today has been playing too much FIFA.

How smug and confident were the bayern fans after their treble compared to here, now ?
I guess the fact that we have something *even better* to relate it to is the source. That and the obvious hardships of this damn pre season.

In any case, it's way too much. This team deserves a lot more faith than i've seen lately.

raskolnikov

How smug and confident were the bayern fans after their treble compared to here, now ?
I guess the fact that we have something *even better* to relate it to is the source. That and the obvious hardships of this damn pre season.

In any case, it's way too much. This team deserves a lot more faith than i've seen lately.
people sometimes act if we were lucky to win a treble. Reals lack of rotation and injured modric made us win the liga and bayern injuries made is get by in the cl.

It such bs though, we are one of the 3 strongest sides in Europe, have the best attack in history, the greatest player ever and van beat everyone despite lacking depth.

We won everything on our own merit and were worldclass in every way. Just that the team was better in 2011 doesnt mean we suck now.
Lucho deserves more credit as well.

EdmondDantes

As far as this week goes I hate Athletic. And I hope we effing T**t them. Then I can go back to liking them when they plunder a few points off real madrid.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??

I have plenty of faith in the team, I believe they can do it like last year, it's lucho I have 0 faith in.
Wish Pep would come back or valverde from bilbao.

Home of Barca Fans