Lliga | Round 26: Las Palmas - FC Barcelona 1-1

serghei

Valverde is quite a defensive manager. I think he's the best idea of what Mourinho could be as a Barca manager tactically if he was a nice person. He's a solid, conservative and uninspiring manager who gets the job done but rarely does it in style.

He chose this line-up probably because he knows this game is important and he doesn't want to risk too much in attack.

5ergio_Busquets

Funny thing is Valverde talked about how Dembele still needs to work on his defensive game.

But he still plays Paulinho who's about as tactically drilled as a bag being blown around in the wind.

Even Suarez or Messi would be better suited for that role than Paulinho. Watch him playing in front of Vidal on the wing. Remember when he was subbed in for Busquets last game? He still managed to get in the way of Dembele on the wing!

Last edited:

Messi983

People didn't really watch Las Palmas recently, they are not playing that offensive like Jemez's Rayo. After getting some players in January they are also quite solid defensively.

fergus90

This is not being cautious. How can playing Paulinho in the double pivot role be explained with being cautious?

I didn't mean in regards to the line-up as a whole, I was talking about his cautious approach with Dembele and the fact he's not been given minutes in a game against a team where he'd have the opportunity for plenty of space plus Suarez is also one yellow card away from a suspension. So surely Messi could've gone central and Dembele on the right.

God Serena

I'm actually starting to miss Lucho, seeing lineups like this. At least Lucho gave Vidal a permanent bench spot...

vlad

Great that rakitic is rested, pique and alba, but why on earth you are leaving dembele and coutinho on the bench, those 2 will not probably start vs atletico either

Valverde lost me a little on this one

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People didn't really watch Las Palmas recently, they are not playing that offensive like Jemez's Rayo. After getting some players in January they are also quite solid defensively.

High line and pressure as expected. It's Paco Jemez afterall.

Home of Barca Fans