Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, the planning for this season was also very bad. Enrique's faith in Sandro, Munir and freaking Gumbau over better players boggles the mind.

I like Sandro and think he's a decent addition to the squad, but he and Munir cannot be there together. Atleast Sandro can play wide somewhat decently when needed, but Munir? He can't. Should have loaned him out to a team where he could play as a CF like Roma loaned out Sanabria.

Deulofeu is annoyingly selfish and his decision making is bad, but for all his flaws, atleast he can play out wide. Same with Adama. Atleast he can play out wide. Munir cannot. Both Deulofeu and Adama just cannot be worse than Munir on the flanks, it's not gonna happen because they're simply better.

Then you have the LB position. Adriano and Mathieu are not gonna cut it. Grimaldo isn't really great either, but he should have atleast got a chance in pre-season. What else is pre-season for? Atleast see how he does for the 1st team there, but no. Instead he's leaving on a free transfer most likely while Adriano is having his contract extended.

God knows what he wants with Gumbau. He's neither a good CM or a CDM. Not had a single impressive performance for the 1st team so far while Samper has.

The transfer ban is obviously not his fault, but he should atleast strengthen with whatever he's got from the B team, but instead he decided to keep two players with the same profile and a bum midfielder we bought for Barca B two years ago who was mediocre for the team whenever he played and suddenly he's The Chosen One.

F

Flavia

It's not like deulofeu or adama are Barca level either though. We just have to rough it out till January when we will have an actual squad with arda and vidal. Remember xavi and Pedro were vital last year and because of our ban we don't have those rotation players to make a difference.

Deulo is better than munir and sandro, discipline aspects aside. And Adama would bring something different, although very one dimensional. They could also be poor, surely. I sitll have some faith on Sandro, but I think Munir needs a loan.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't see what Lucho could have done differently except from starting Rakitic who is probably fatigued anyway.

Dani and Pique were rusty having not played for a while and we did miss Alba. On top of that Stegen conceding another golazo put the game into bad route.

JamDav1982

Deulo is better than munir and sandro, discipline aspects aside. And Adama would bring something different, although very one dimensional. They could also be poor, surely. I sitll have some faith on Sandro, but I think Munir needs a loan.

Duelofeu and Adama are not ready to be Barca players as they would completely piss off the front three players with their selfish play but perhaps thats the problem.

At times it looks like players like Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Alves only want to pass to one another and it slows a lot of the attacks down when teams are shutting them down.

Building a squad full of attacking players that bow down to Messi and lesser extent Neymar maybe makes the team too one dimensional at times.

F

Flavia

Duelofeu and Adama are not ready to be Barca players as they would completely piss off the front three players with their selfish play but perhaps thats the problem.

At times it looks like players like Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Alves only want to pass to one another and it slows a lot of the attacks down when teams are shutting them down.

Building a squad full of attacking players that bow down to Messi and lesser extent Neymar maybe makes the team too one dimensional at times.

Munir and Sandro aren't ready either. And Adama is not selfish. Deulo is.

Alarcón

People say Lucho has too little faith in La Masia. I say he has too much. If players like Munir and Sandro do not up their game, they have no business playing. Lucho's big fallacy is thinking he can rotate with this pathetic squad, but he can't. I hope we'll buy another 2 or 3 players in January and somehow scrape by until then. Needless to say our big problem is our stars not performing but squad depth is also an issue.

JamDav1982

Munir and Sandro aren't ready either. And Adama is not selfish. Deulo is.

I am more or less agreeing with you!

Munir and Sandro are not ready but chosen by Lucho as they are the quiet players who will bow down to the other attacking players. No doubt that is huge reason they have been picked to stay.

That brings its own problems.

Adama is very selfish. He virtually gets ball down and runs every time and has little awareness of team mates. Would say he is worse than Duelofeu.

F

Flavia

I am more or less agreeing with you!

Munir and Sandro are not ready but chosen by Lucho as they are the quiet players who will bow down to the other attacking players. No doubt that is huge reason they have been picked to stay.

That brings its own problems.

Adama is very selfish. He virtually gets ball down and runs every time and has little awareness of team mates. Would say he is worse than Duelofeu.

Adama still manages a lot of assists. He always seemed to need better guidance to me.

JamDav1982

Adama still manages a lot of assists. He always seemed to need better guidance to me.

Duelofeu manages a lot of assists also. So does Ronaldo!

Adama always seemed a more one dimensional player than Deulofeu to me. Guess just wait to see how they develop.

khaled_a_d

Adama is more selfish than Gerard and it isn't even close .kid is almost an idiot footballer,he just tries to dribble 3-4 player whenever he gets the ball and then make a blind cross .in Segunda that filled the assist stat but watching the games the kid was just awful
People keep talking bout his take on rates and assists but never speaks about losing the ball most of the time he got it .he might make and fix his game it but he would never have got a chance with 1st team with this attitude
I wouldn't have minded Gerard being a sub here over Sandro.he would have accepted that after his experience with Sevilla but Lucho seem to never has rated him highly

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For me it's not about whether Adama or Deulofeu are ready or Barca quality, because it's obvious even Munir is not yet as he's behind Sandro in the pecking order and rightly so and he just simply isn't suited for the role out wide, on the flanks.

It's a question about having the right profile for the position needed. Munir has almost exclusively played out wide and he just simply isn't equipped for that role. Atleast it would have made more sense to keep either one of Adama or Deulofeu here if Lucho intended to play Munir there because they know that role, they play that role and they are well equipped for it. Their decision making is suspect to say the least, but atleast they have the ability to beat their man and make something happen there, they can play on the flanks. Munir simply can't. If he's playing then he should play as a CF, but Sandro has performed better than him there.

We have two players with a similar profile, but atleast Sandro can adapt while Munir has shown he cannot. Would have made more sense to keep a winger like Deulofeu or Adama than a CF like Munir to play at the RW position.

Neymessi

He did absolutely nothing wrong against celta.He rested all key players and did not play rakitic which would not have much affect anyway.Our players dissapointed big time in all areas.We probably underestimated them.Injuries etc are just excuses.We played really really crap in all areas.Finsishing,defending,passing,goalkeeping you name it we lacked everything.As a coach imo he can't be blamed.Even went full attack with the subs.It wasn't his fault so many players played so shit.Suarez looked like a sunday league player.Masch and pique were disastrous.The only thing that enrique needs to fix right now and really needs to fix is our worse than horseshit defence.

We conceeded 4 with sevilla.They are at the last place.4 to bilbao.They are 15th.We haven't conceded convincing goals.Our high line is getting caught too often and too easily.Even the atletico madrid goal was crap defending.Something is very wrong at the back and needs to be fixed asap.Madrid are ahead by one point and have a much better defence than us right now.We have a tough first half but madrid also have that and they are ahead right now.We haven't been what we were last season in attack and midfield but I am not worried about that.The players are all same and we can't turn bad in just 2 months gap.The only real problem that enrique needs to fix is the defence problem.

serghei

He did what he could Lucho, but a loss like that is also the manager's responsability. I'm hoping this will be a cold shower for the team and they will bounce back. Result aside, we are 1 point off Madrid having had much tougher games than them.

We shouldn't panic though. Our attitude was similar to the kind of game we had vs Malaga at home last year. The only differece was that Celta is a much more capable team in offense.

It is not a problem of peak level of play. It is a problem of concentration and motivation. I expect Lucho to make sure we are phisically and mentally fit for the matches we play. Last night we weren't. If we had been as motivated and fit as we were against Atletico Madrid, it would have been a different story imo. Complacency hit at the wrong time and against the wrong opponent. And we got punished. Celta won the game because they wanted it more. I can accept that the other team is more motivated as long as it happens once every 10-15 games, since everyone has it's fair share of bad days.

I'm waiting for the team to prove that this was an accident.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

People say Lucho has too little faith in La Masia. I say he has too much. If players like Munir and Sandro do not up their game, they have no business playing. Lucho's big fallacy is thinking he can rotate with this pathetic squad, but he can't. I hope we'll buy another 2 or 3 players in January and somehow scrape by until then. Needless to say our big problem is our stars not performing but squad depth is also an issue.

Agree but Lucho doesn't have much choice. He HAS to play them cause options are thin in our current squad.

We do need 2 players at least but they should be quality players. Its hard to find quality players in January.

I want a PROPER freaking CB. Someone with height and defensive prowess. Who gives a $hit about "playing the ball out from the back"??

I sometimes feel even someone like Gary Cahill would shore up our defence.

Home of Barca Fans