Luis Suárez

Neeraj

Lots of people feeling happy for him doing well at Atletico..hmm. Is that genuine happiness or what?

I don't really care for Suarez, he's one of those guys I would never like or cheer on unless he played for Barca. Similar to Alba and Neymar. I don't really like any of these guys lol. So while it's good for him that he's doing well at Atletico, I couldn't care less if he didn't score another goal for the rest of his career :lol:

Laplacian

Actually hilarious how much better he is now. Maybe we should've let Messi go and go for a balanced front 3 instead with him leading the line....? Hindsight is 20/20

BarcaOG

Banned
sorry you lot, but there is no universe in which giving a direct rival your main striker, who is now leading the pichichi race, and for free, while we sit ~16 points behind that rival, is a 'good decision'. it just cant be justified.

JamDav1982

sorry you lot, but there is no universe in which giving a direct rival your main striker, who is now leading the pichichi race, and for free, while we sit ~16 points behind that rival, is a 'good decision'. it just cant be justified.

Depends if basing it on assumption Barca would challenge if kept him and if yet another season of trying to squeeze as much as can out of too many old legs is worth it to potentially challenge for titie.

For me it was correct decision to let him go and that doesnt change if/when Atletico win the title.

Kul_z

Depends if basing it on assumption Barca would challenge if kept him and if yet another season of trying to squeeze as much as can out of too many old legs is worth it to potentially challenge for titie.

For me it was correct decision to let him go and that doesnt change if/when Atletico win the title.

Correct decision to let him go, yes, but to direct rival - fuck no! Imagine simeone laughing how he offloaded griezyboy for 120m and bringed joao felix + suarez. For fuck sake.

JamDav1982

Correct decision to let him go, yes, but to direct rival - fuck no! Imagine simeone laughing how he offloaded griezyboy for 120m and bringed joao felix + suarez. For fuck sake.

The fuck up was his contract length/wages/one year extension. That is what led to position of him having the power over where he went and Barca little option.

Even though it was Atletico rather that than he stayed. Best for him and the club he moved on..

BarcaOG

Banned

if its a decision that has a direct impact on the title race (which it is), then its a bad decision. unless our club objectives do not include winning the league, there's simply no way to justify it. we took a gamble by misjudging suarez's quality and we are losing that bet, really badly.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Letting him go per se wasn't the wrong decision. Letting him go to direct rivals was a bad decision, however. As finished as he is, he still gets 15-20 goals a season due to his level. Atleti's playstyle that is not as dependent on accurate passing but is more about wingplay and second balls suits him much more. He would look just as disastrous as he did for the last 2 seasons if he stayed. Happy for him as long as Atleti do not choke in La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans