Luis Suárez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There's a saying in Norway: Den som ler sist, ler best.

Basically he who laughs last, laughs best.

The Observer have been waiting for his moment.

Poor @fergus90 got burned by Barca choking not only once, but twice lol.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

We played with literally no real striker whole season. Suarez is always good for scoring goals against teams like alaves, cadiz, granada, Real madrid, getafe. With SUarez = 100% La liga title win.

fergus90

There's a saying in Norway: Den som ler sist, ler best.

Basically he who laughs last, laughs best.

The Observer have been waiting for his moment.

Poor @fergus90 got burned by Barca choking not only once, but twice lol.

That infamous Thursday against Granada that changed the course of history.

Fair play to him, he resisted the temptation to bite back and it's paid off.

Mistyoptic

Doubt we win the league with him, so it's good if Atletico wins it. Atletico ain't our big rival. Madrid is.

If he stayed at Barca we just wouldn't have seen this Suarez. He'd become fat and complacent - Barca showing him the door motivated him to prove us wrong, and good for him. Regardless of what he's done at Atletico, we made the right decision to sell. You can only make choices based on current performances, and his performances over two seasons didn't warrant us keeping him.

I'm honestly happy he's found form and motivation again, and I still think we did the right thing getting rid.

SmilerBam

If he stayed at Barca we just wouldn't have seen this Suarez. He'd become fat and complacent - Barca showing him the door motivated him to prove us wrong, and good for him. Regardless of what he's done at Atletico, we made the right decision to sell. You can only make choices based on current performances, and his performances over two seasons didn't warrant us keeping him.

I'm honestly happy he's found form and motivation again, and I still think we did the right thing getting rid.

But we shitted on that decision by not buying another striker in his place. Our only real striker this season was Braithwaite who is...very, very average. I thinki with a good striker, we would have won the league, regardless of our amateur defence.

jamrock

Scoring goals wasn't out problems this season it was keeping them out.

We were right to sell him, I'm also happy for him.

But if he asked me if I would have rather to keep him & get rid of griezmann thats a different topic all together.

malvolio

Scoring goals wasn't out problems this season it was keeping them out.

We were right to sell him, I'm also happy for him.

But if he asked me if I would have rather to keep him & get rid of griezmann thats a different topic all together.

well, it was a problem as goals at the right time kill the opposition's momentum and a good striker puts fear in their defense.

yes, we scored lots in some matches, but we failed to kill off games in others that were winnable. interestingly the games when we scored 3-4-5-6 goals were the matches were griezmann usually scored.

when shit hit the fan, griezmann, braithwaite have rarely stepped up.

not saying that defense or midfield couldn't be better.

in the past we always conceded 30 to 35 goals a season, with some exceptions. but we also scored nearer to 100 goals or over a season. so defense while poorer this and last year, wasn't exceptionally poorer. finishing with under 90 goals a season seems to be our issue when losing the league this year and the last.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans