Luuk De Jong

Sooke

True. And I think Koeman knows how to use him, so he can be helpful for us. At the very last day of the transwer window, we couldn't find anyone better for that money. Plus, he is just 1 year loanee. Next summer, we will go all the way after Haaland.

serghei

True. And I think Koeman knows how to use him, so he can be helpful for us. At the very last day of the transwer window, we couldn't find anyone better for that money. Plus, he is just 1 year loanee. Next summer, we will go all the way after Haaland.

Luuk de Jong is a classic pivot-9 in the same way someone like Ibrahimovic is, only 5 grades lower. Easiest player to use, if you're Granada. Koeman wants him because his boring football gets the ball in a lot of neutral situations where the best follow-up would be to put the ball in the box and hope someone gets at the end of it. Or to play long ball when pressed in defense like vs Bilbao, hoping some stronger 9 either wins the duel for the long ball or is there to wrestle for the 2nd ball.

So, he wants a player to give him some target to aim for in these pressure moments. Because he doesn't know any better way to deal with those in-game situations. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Last edited:

Messi983

He can bring another dimension to our game but I don't think he'll improve overall quality of the team too much. I'll take anything positive he can give us. It's not his fault he's here (like with most players) but he's a part of the team now so he'll get my support and I really hope he'll prove me wrong. Don't know about his personality but hopefully he'll be a bit like Paulinho and silence his doubters.

Welcome and good luck, Luuk.

E-il5BfXMAAeqAA

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah kissing the badge is cheesy. It must be order from our social media team lately. Saw it too many times with different players.

Nice kid and wifey.

Home of Barca Fans