Luuk De Jong

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It just shows that having a "Plan B" striker can work here. Not as a starter, but as a rotation player. There are targetmen out there better than LdJ, but even he is capable of doing the job, limited as he is.

FinBarcelonafan

It just shows that having a "Plan B" striker can work here. Not as a starter, but as a rotation player. There are targetmen out there better than LdJ, but even he is capable of doing the job, limited as he is.

True. Luuk has shown good mental strength and lately ability. He was actually good rental. Wow!

Mateka

The second half is Barcas.

RM are on the ropes.

For some strange reason LDJ is subbed.

RM hit the post.

RM score.

Why on earth was LDJ taken off?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The second half is Barcas.

RM are on the ropes.

For some strange reason LDJ is subbed.

RM hit the post.

RM score.

Why on earth was LDJ taken off?

I suppose Xavi wanted to give Fati some minutes and ultimately, he didn't trust LDJ.

FinBarcelonafan

If he keeps performing in the box, this is type of sub we would need for certain games. But he should never start. We need to have better starter.

Mateka

I suppose Xavi wanted to give Fati some minutes and ultimately, he didn't trust LDJ.

I agree with Fati coming on.

It was my viewing that Barca in the second half were in the ascendancy. Whatever had been said by Xavi at half time was working. The most likely course of action, was another goal for Barca. But LDJ was subbed, RM got the game back. Hit the post, then scored.

Bobo32

[MENTION=28284]Mateka[/MENTION]

Luuk de Jongs latest three games: 90+60+66 minutes: 3 goals, another goal disallowed because a previous offside, two woodwork finishes (one from a bicicleta) and another potential dream goal barley missed.
Memphis Depays latest four games: 90+90+30+~45 minutes: 0 goals, nothing else of note but embarrassing turnovers

Mateka

[MENTION=28284]Mateka[/MENTION]

Luuk de Jongs latest three games: 90+60+66 minutes: 3 goals, another goal disallowed because a previous offside, two woodwork finishes (one from a bicicleta) and another potential dream goal barley missed.
Memphis Depays latest four games: 90+90+30+~45 minutes: 0 goals, nothing else of note but embarrassing turnovers

I agree. But that makes me more puzzled, why was he subbed? If RM in the ascendency, then bring the subs on, ring the changes. But Barca were dominating RM in the opening period of the 2nd half. Barca rung the changes and gave RM the initiative.

Last edited:

Messi983

It's easy really, Xavi appreciates what LDJ gives us but he's not his player and will offload him if we have any chance to get Morata.

Home of Barca Fans