Man of the Match 13/14 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

1. Cesc - great assist to open the scoring, a thumping header and tidy finish sums up his day. Moved from mid to C.F. when Messi got subbed and didnt miss a beat.

2. Song - intercepted, created and tackled all day long. A rock in front of the back 4.

3. Bartra - didn't put a foot wrong in defense today was bossing all air duels and blocking shots left and right. Kid looks amazing along side Tarzan.

Gooch

3. Bartra - didn't put a foot wrong in defense today was bossing all air duels and blocking shots left and right. Kid looks amazing along side Tarzan.

Should have prevented the first two chances. Allowed the Betis player to cut in too easily and shoot point blank at Valdes. He's got decent enough pace, but his change of direction needs work. Second chance - the free header. No excuse there. Other than that, he played well and should be playing more. But he has to do better in these situations against better teams and players.

rixxer

1. Song- a bit shaky start in first 15 minutes from then on MOTM for me. Interceptions and precise and intelligent passes despite of the Betis pressure. And was not outmuscled by Betis playres, vice versa. Great work.
2. Cesc- assist and goals. Nuff said
3. Pedro- in addition of regular harassemnt of Betis players got second goal that was decisive for me. was one of the few players who was able to preserve his intensity throughout the game.

Mentions: Valdes (only mention, feel sorry about that some of his saves were unbelieveable), Bartra.
Strange game that I would like to nominate more names for MOTM (valdes!) although we did not dominate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans