Man of the Match 13/14 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
1. Xavi - Really changed everything. The midfield maestro is still alive, with him on the pitch the rhythm changed, very decisive sub by Tata.
2. Neymar - 2 goals, filling the void of Messi as good as he can
3. Biscuits - No explanation needed. One of the best in the world.

BerkeleyBernie

Wow. I like him, but Neymar had an awful game except for the last 10 minutes when there was space. A tap in and a penalty don't rate MotM quality. He was double-teamed all game, and always tried to take them on, and failed (1 of 11 take-ons successful). Bad choices, especially when nowhere near the box.

1. Alexis- great game, so improved as a player. By far the most threatening on the attack, creating the most opportunities. Cesc's cross and Sanchez' assist won the game; Neymar's tap-in was incidental.
2. Busquets- constantly broke up attacks, and great vision/passing offensively
3. Pique- long diagonal balls out of the back an important part of moving the ball forward (97% pass completion)

HM:
Iniesta- tried, but the team on the field didn't give him enough to work with to break through the bunker.
Xavi- fantastic as usual
Pedro- fantastic cameo, his passes should have led to at least 2 goals with better play from his teammates

serghei

Wow. I like him, but Neymar had an awful game except for the last 10 minutes when there was space

I don't think he had an awful game, but I get your point. He was certainly no man of the match with Villareal, but people want Neymar to succed so badly that they tend to be over emphatic sometimes regarding his performances.

rixxer

Alexis- just fabulous, except that chance that Asenjo did well to react
Xavi- 30 minutes of brilliance
Busquets- passes, tackles a constant pressure, intelligence with ball and without it.

Mention: Pique

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award - 13/14 Edition
Villarreal, La Liga, home (2-1)

1. Busquets (40,2%) constantly broke up attacks, and great vision/passing offensively ~ BerkeleyBernie
2. Neymar (21,4%) His overall play was fairly mediocre until the last ten minutes, but he took his goals well and should have had a hat trick if not for Montoya's poor crossing ~ Semi-Neutral
3. Alexis (11,8%) He's become a totally different player. His dribbling and passing exude confidence. I can't wait to see him alongside a fully fit Messi and Neymar ~ Paganinisrvnge

Curious facts of the round
- For the first time in more than a year, we have the same three players in the top 3 in two consecutive matches. The last time it happened was on the 29. of August 2012, where Messi, Valdes and Pedro - in that order - conquered the top three in the second SuperCup leg against Real Madrid. Just three days prior to that, the exact same three players had stepped unto the podium after the 2-1 away win against Osasuna.
- This was the first time in the history of these rankings that Alexis Sanchez has managed a top three spot in two consecutive matches.

20gofhg.jpg

barcanuck

1. Neymar - amazon kid continues to find the back of the net and also feed his teammates with assists.
2. Montoya - solid on the right today, got a much needed confidence boosting assist.
3. Iniesta - played a short amount of time but showed some of his best form, hopefully this is the turning point as he needs to step it up the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans