Man of the Match 13/14 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

1. Messi - two goals and an assist. Nuff said, he took the team and banged in two golazos to put us on top.
2. Sanchez - that sex delivered with his head and helped Messi score.
3. Iniesta - passed the midfield pressure and dribbled his way out of tough spots that our other midfielders couldn't.

Eilis

That game was a story of two halves, with the first picking things up where the team left them against Valencia (sadly), and the second one being one of courage, and occasionally, brilliance

1. Iniesta - there's no better proof of him being a magician for real than the way he delivered his brand of high precision football in the second half on that waterlogged pitch
2. Messi - that first goal was actually the first time since his return from injury that I felt we got the good ol' Messi back
3. Valdes - the question about how anyone could possibly replace him is still open

HM to Alexis Sanchez for all the hard work he put in, even though his goal was offside

pawanme10

1. Iniesta- Mesmerizing feet. Made 7 dribbles, 2 key passes and took a shot. Ran the show along with Xavi.
2. Messi- Dribbling speed and acceleration never ceases to amaze me. 2 shots, 2 goals. 1 assist. If not for the initial phase of the game where he lost possession so many times he'd be number 1.
3. Alexis Sanchez- He defends better than our right back, seriously. In a particular corner he outjumped one of Sevilla's defenders to stop a flick on by Fazio. Well deserved goal even if it was controversial. His work rate. :worthy:

BerkeleyBernie

Just finished watching the second half. Amazed to see some brilliant tiki-taka moving the ball out of the back, even in those soggy conditions. You don't really see how good Barça is on the ball unless the other team comes out of the box to try to take it from them.

Kudos for Sevilla for coming to play, and playing quite well.

1. Messi - can't argue with those two finishes
2. Iniesta - most productive midfielder, solid holding and release vs the Sevilla press
3. Xavi- kept Barça from going to shambles in the first half, dominated midfield with Iniesta in the second

Lots of good performances. HMs:
Valdes - key save
Adriano- great run to get Iniesta's outlet pass for Messi's first goal, good linkup overall
Pedro and Alexis - good work in outside channels to provide the inside players
Song - one of his better games

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award - 13/14 Edition
Sevilla, La Liga away (4-1)

1. Messi (44,5%) Started off poorly, constantly slipping up and giving the ball away, but grew into the game and scored two more brilliant goals and is looking more and more dangerous with each passing game ~ Semi-Neutral
2. Iniesta (38,6%) we always say Ronaldo is unlucky to be playing in Messis shadow. We should also be saying Iniesta is unlucky that we only pay attention to goals- the reason he's in both mens shadows. He's unbelievable and completely ran the game today. Was untouchable ~ Sallou
3. Alexis (8%) He defends better than our right back, seriously. In a particular corner he outjumped one of Sevilla's defenders to stop a flick on by Fazio. Well deserved goal even if it was controversial. His work rate ~ pawanme10

Random fact(s) of the round
- Alexis Sanchez is currently on his best MoM streak this season. In the last four matches, he has a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd spot to show for his efforts. If we go back one more match, at home against Malaga, he missed out on a 3rd spot by only 2 measly points.
- Since returning from injury, Messi has played a part in 9 matches. In these 9 matches, he's earned 6 1st places and 1 2nd.

2zjgm5e.jpg

A well meant cry for heeeeelp!:

Please for the love of all things sane and cuddly, try to name the players by their real names. I see why you'd like to use all kinds of cute nicknames, but it makes it so much harder for me to quickly scan the pages when I count the votes. This time we had 47 votees, and it too for freaking ever to count them all. Especially considering that I had to stop and re-count several times because I lost my rythm when I stumpled upon various odd nicknames, that I had to use my feeble brainpower to decipher before I plowed on.

So, please, if you read this; next time, try to call Messi for something that actually resembles his name and not THE KING OF FOOTBALL, GOAT or something like that. I seriously messes with my brain, when I at the same time see someone called THE GOAT Iniesta, and then have to decide who's who, what's what and who the REAL GOAT actually is while trying to keep count of the 150-odd voting points. This of course applies to all players, and not just Messi and Iniesta.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans