Manchester United

Dave Saves

exactly...We were struggling big time a decade ago and then we went on to win 5 league titles and the champions league and dropped out of the top 4....It's just silly to say chelsea or city will win the league for the next 10 seasons......

Haha it was 2006 when we sold van Nistelrooy and bought Carrick, Rooney and Ronaldo had that incident at the World Cup and Chelsea bought Ballack and Shevchenko. Where are the goals gonna come from :lol:

Dave Saves

I was afraid that this summer would be a make or break transfer window for us. Even now, I guess the Glazers are not ready to spend more than necessary after this summer is done. I really hope I am wrong though.

And like you said, I hope Woodward does not flex his muscle and break the world record to sign fucking Cuadrado.

Hopefully we won't have to wait and find out and we make the Champions League this year.

For the record we make more money by putting an ugly logo on our shirt than teams get from playing in the Champions League and next year we'll be getting much more than that from Adidas as well. Financially we are fine, even without the Champions League, the problems will start to occur when we miss out on the Champions League for a few seasons in a row and the club's commercial appeal starts to go down.

Xanian

The Asian market, will be fickle. United is popular in Asia mostly because of its success in the EPL. When that begins to go down, a major source of commercial revenue will begin going down.

Dave Saves

The Asian market, will be fickle. United is popular in Asia mostly because of its success in the EPL. When that begins to go down, a major source of commercial revenue will begin going down.

Yeah, that's why I said that missing out on the Champions League for a few seasons will be a problem. United will always have a huge fanbase in Asia now irrespective of success as the support has really taken its roots, but that extra large following that United has compared to all the other clubs will come down and so will the financial advantage that comes with it.

SwiftGuyver

New era? It is the new FFP era and Chelsea (and even City now) are taking it seriously. They won't have a spending advantage over United any longer. They have much better teams right now but how can anyone predict what's going to happen in a few years time from now? Sorry but that's just a very bad post. No one has any idea what is going to happen for the next decade.

very bad post? i was just expressing an opinion, sorry if it doesn't match up with what you hope will happen. also i started the post by saying 'who knows what's going to happen...'

S7_MUFC

very bad post? i was just expressing an opinion, sorry if it doesn't match up with what you hope will happen. also i started the post by saying 'who knows what's going to happen...'
It's just your opinion is based on faulty assumptions....what makes you so sure that City will dominate for next 10 years? Their current team will be history in 3 years and you have no way of knowing whether they will sign better players than United....and where does financial fair play come into your prediction because based on the current transfer window city are taking those rules seriously.......

SwiftGuyver

i actually said it was just my gut feeling and i could be completely wrong. i wasn't pretending to state facts or say anything is 100% certain. seems like an overly emotional reaction from some Utd fans just because not everyone thinks Utd are the best team ever and have doubts about them continuing to dominate the English game.

also i said i predict City & Chelsea to dominate the next decade not just City. as for FFP, they will find ways round any restrictions just like PSG have. if City are taking FFP seriously and are still managing to sign quality players like Fernando & Mangala then i'm sure they'll be fine.

shogunruax

No one will dominate the EPL it will swing between a few teams I just can't see Utd winning it for some time untill they sort out their squad

S7_MUFC

i actually said it was just my gut feeling and i could be completely wrong. i wasn't pretending to state facts or say anything is 100% certain. seems like an overly emotional reaction from some Utd fans just because not everyone thinks Utd are the best team ever and have doubts about them continuing to dominate the English game.

also i said i predict City & Chelsea to dominate the next decade not just City. as for FFP, they will find ways round any restrictions just like PSG have. if City are taking FFP seriously and are still managing to sign quality players like Fernando & Mangala then i'm sure they'll be fine.
Well it's clearly obvious that your dislike of united is the reason for your gut feeling...I'm not complaining about it because I can relate to it...I expected Liverpool to finish 7th or 8th last season and didn't see any signs of progress that many Liverpool fans saw the season before....I'm just curious about whether you are making your prediction as a neutral or as someone who dislikes United???... and I expect Chelsea to dominate for next 3-4 years and us to catch up to city by next season...

Dave Saves

No one will dominate the EPL it will swing between a few teams I just can't see Utd winning it for some time untill they sort out their squad

See I agree with that. But how can someone claim that only two teams will win the league for the next ten (TEN!) years when there are other huge clubs in the same league while not being on a wind-up? Seriously!

SwiftGuyver

Well it's clearly obvious that your dislike of united is the reason for your gut feeling...I'm not complaining about it because I can relate to it...I expected Liverpool to finish 7th or 8th last season and didn't see any signs of progress that many Liverpool fans saw the season before....I'm just curious about whether you are making your prediction as a neutral or as someone who dislikes United???... and I expect Chelsea to dominate for next 3-4 years and us to catch up to city by next season...

clearly obvious i dislike Utd? how? i think you'll find you're assuming that. i'm a Barca fan and if i dislike Utd i dislike Chelsea more! you can decide if that's neutral enough for me to have an opinion or not...

See I agree with that. But how can someone claim that only two teams will win the league for the next ten (TEN!) years when there are other huge clubs in the same league while not being on a wind-up? Seriously!

the PL has had 22 seasons so far and Utd have won 13 of them. you won 8 of the first 11 titles! also only 5 different teams have ever won it. all facts i'm sure you're already aware of so why it's so hard to believe that 2 teams might dominate the league for the next 10 years or so i don't know...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lolwut. Such a post is pretty weird coming from an official account. Understandable for a rivalry game but a pre-season friendly?

Read the comments from the Roma fans. Even better.

'real fight will be in cl, but wait u are not in cl!'

Martindn

Bloody hell Rafa is injured AGAIN what a shame 3 years ago he had bale in his pocket, now he wont leave our physios pocket :( Our defence is a mess :lol:

Home of Barca Fans