Manchester United

Dave Saves

3-0 at half time. Played a bit better now after the drinks break. LVG will change 9 players at half time so the second half should be rather different.

BenRobbins

So was a good win over Roma 3-2. The last 10 minutes we were very shaky and panicked a little but other than that i think they didn't really cause us any problems and we were in control. For the second half we only played one cm and then cleverley went off after 68 minutes so we weren't in control as much. I thought smalling and blackett were good. We played some good football at times in the first half with mata, rooney and welbeck linking up really well which was nice to see.

Only flicked between a film and this so good to see other united fans opinions?

Dave Saves

We had a good ten-fifteen minute spell towards the end of second half when we scored the three goals, otherwise Roma looked the better side for the rest of the game. Wouldn't read too much into the second half performance as only Shaw and Smalling will be starters from the players who played in the second half.

S7_MUFC

So was a good win over Roma 3-2. The last 10 minutes we were very shaky and panicked a little but other than that i think they didn't really cause us any problems and we were in control. For the second half we only played one cm and then cleverley went off after 68 minutes so we weren't in control as much. I thought smalling and blackett were good. We played some good football at times in the first half with mata, rooney and welbeck linking up really well which was nice to see.

Only flicked between a film and this so good to see other united fans opinions?
There's a sentence I never thought I'd hear from a fellow United fan....

BenRobbins

There's a sentence I never thought I'd hear from a fellow United fan....

What i mean by it is that we didn't actually have a midfield on the pitch! :lol::lol: We were playing kagawa-Lingard in midfield so we had no protection for the defence and just couldn't keep the ball haha!

BenRobbins

Any ideas as too who would be a good partner next to ander in the midfield 2 who we could bring in realistically? I might get a bit of stick for this but i would not mind de jong at all for under 10 million and think he would fit brilliantly.

Martindn

Any ideas as too who would be a good partner next to ander in the midfield 2 who we could bring in realistically? I might get a bit of stick for this but i would not mind de jong at all for under 10 million and think he would fit brilliantly.

Think Schneiderlin was excellent last year, would work well in Carricks place behind Mata/Herrera and still only 24. Though naturally he will join Tottenham/someone else and we will miss all our targets and be left with Clevs :D

BenRobbins

Think Schneiderlin was excellent last year, would work well in Carricks place behind Mata/Herrera and still only 24. Though naturally he will join Tottenham/someone else and we will miss all our targets and be left with Clevs :D

I agree he would be good, as would iturraspe but i doubt bilbao would let us take another player. I don't want carvahlo as i don't really rate him and the fee is so stupid and not a big fan of khedira. Surely we won't wait till january for strootman? and even he might not be that available judging by Garcia's quotes these past few days. Fellaini it is!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
AS Roma basically said GTFO to all Strootman offers, with Rudi Garcia saying that he's worth 100M euros to the team.

Or is this the player that Woodward is going to break the transfer record on? :mou:

As for Iturraspe, all you have to do is pay his buyout and there's nothing Athletic Bilbao can do about it. But that'd be buyout+taxes too.

BenRobbins

Ward-Prowse is who i want if everybody is still pillaging southampton! Might aswell get him on the cheap as he will be a cracking player and has the most potential of the lot.

Last edited:

Martindn

This is all we wanted from Moyes, improvement in the team and style. He showed less over his 9 or so months than LVG has in 2 weeks (Granted Moyes has the harder job). With how unbalanced we are hes done well to improve us, you could say its only preseason though from what i remember we won just the 2 last year against minnows. Very early days yet like.

shogunruax

InfamousYawningGull.gif

Home of Barca Fans