Marcos Alonso

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I can't blame him for the overall bad play because it's his first game, but that corner is just basic stuff that shouldn't happen, that was terrible defending...

jamrock

Him being tall & being able to help us on corners is probably the only reason xavi started him.......

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He was a non-entity in attack. Too slow to overlap and didn't deliver good crosses today. Balde would've done better imo

JohnN

He showed some good attributes, being calm on the ball, good decisions etc.
But he is too slow for our gameplay and his height didn't help one bit on that corner.
Balde all the way. Trust the kids.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
First half good. Commentator blamed him for 1st goal as he as suppose to watch Hernandez. I see it as Steven the Coward's fault though.

Total-Football

Two fullbacks with almost zero contribution to build up and attack outnumbering is really a bad idea. Kounde is already enough. Either play alonso and bellerin or balde and kounde.

Porque

Was a bit too harsh on him in the match chat. In the end he was decent, and will clearly be a very good LaLiga player for the majority of the games, and achieve good numbers. But for that developing Balde would be enough.

Now about the match, he was better in the last 20 when Sane come off and where he had more opportunities to get involved in attack. Which made me think we should keep him as the offensive sub for fullback if needed. So bring on in the last 10-20 minutes when we need more offensive support and crossing to Lewy.

Obviously Xavi won't use him as such and will have him as his starter. And there is an arguement for it.

73 pass attempts (our highest number) with 93% completion (our highest), of which 6 out of 7 long passes were completed and 27 out of 30 medium passes were completed (10/10 for short). Basically, he always found a solution when under pressure.

Sketchy AF on the one-on-one though.

Home of Barca Fans