Marti Riverola Bataller

Koma

You can't expect him to play like Ronaldinho in his first game in Holland, give him some time to setle and he will do well.

P

Paganitzu

Just scored a header, seems to me like a decent player. Expect he'll do better in a better side, but it's not wrong for a young player to play a year in an average side and learn to fight. But he isn't Vitesse's best player.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Riverola plays 9 matches for Vitesse, scores a header goal & provides an assist meanwhile helping his team grab 11 points(3wins, 2 draws... a draw secured by his only goal) while they got only 18 points from the 19 matches played before he joined them! Now they are 7 points above relegation zone. WOW!!
Have to say he is doing well for a 19 year old youngster playing in a new country for the first time in his life. I think he is gaining valuable experience there :)

You guys think he has what it takes to get into our team? At least as a squad player if not as a main starter? In a few years time may be?

Guardiola already expressed his satisfaction in the player. And reports claim he will be brought back in summer for sure... So looks like the jinx is finally being broken. Finally some body is going to return after being loaned!!

AND he speaks English, YAY!! :D

Last edited:

Seamus

It'd be great to see him come back, looks like a great prospect and should have a bright future. Hopefully the Dutch league will toughen him up a bit and help his game progress more

iookram

Good to see that he's doing well in the Eredivisie(which I think is an underrated league). It would be kind of a feel good-ish story ending if Riverola were to make it in the 1st team as he joined La Masia at a young age.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
With Rafa and Espinosa most likely promoted to the B-side for next season, and Sergi Roberto a year younger, I think he wouldn't get much playing time in the B-team next year unless JDS leaves. I think the most sensible thing to do would be to loan him out again, although It'd be great to see him make it with the main squad.

iookram

With Rafa and Espinosa most likely promoted to the B-side for next season, and Sergi Roberto a year younger, I think he wouldn't get much playing time in the B-team next year unless JDS leaves. I think the most sensible thing to do would be to loan him out again, although It'd be great to see him make it with the main squad.

We should loan Riverola to a La Liga team. Then we can see whether he has what it takes to succeed here.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If there's one thing we can learn from Pedro's success story, it's that age isn't the primary criterion to decide which player would be played more by Pep... Bojan's 3 years younger than Pedro and got into the first team ages before Pedro did but who's become vital under Pep again!? It's all down to how much the player has impressed the coach in training, nothing to do with age really

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Back from his loan to Vitesse and will be part of the B team next season.

Home of Barca Fans