Mateo Musacchio

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
We need this guy as the second CB signing if Matheiu is signed. He has tons of first team exp at his age and overall a very good defender for his age

Cule4life

The Culest
We need this guy as the second CB signing if Matheiu is signed. He has tons of first team exp at his age and overall a very good defender for his age

To challenge for the treble we need more quality. Benatia is way better than him.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

I agree. Even thought the likes of Benatia would be nice, I think Bartra has shown enough to merit being a serious contender for a starting spot. And if Bartra is to have a chance, then Musacchio/Mathieu would be the best choice.

Behrox

I agree. Even thought the likes of Benatia would be nice, I think Bartra has shown enough to merit being a serious contender for a starting spot. And if Bartra is to have a chance, then Musacchio/Mathieu would be the best choice.

For me a realistic and good defense would be
CB: Pique, Bartra, Mussachio, Fazio/Matheiu
LB: Alba, Adriano, Matheiu
RB: Alves?, Montoya, Aurier (please!)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
For me a realistic and good defense would be
CB: Pique, Bartra, Mussachio, Fazio/Matheiu
LB: Alba, Adriano, Matheiu
RB: Alves?, Montoya, Aurier (please!)

Hugo Mallo is/was highly rated as a rightback until his knee injury in the 12/13 season. Considering he plays for Celta, perhaps Lucho could pull some strings?

Cule4life

The Culest
Benatia will cost way more than him too and since he isn't a striker we aren't gonna pay

Mate agree but then we can forget about winning the CL with the likes of Musacchio. Shame prime years of Messi and Iniesta will be wasted

Behrox

Lets start the Mussachio movement. #FreeMussachioToBarca
To the SPORT and MD journos here post some rumors about this man

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Mate agree but then we can forget about winning the CL with the likes of Musacchio. Shame prime years of Messi and Iniesta will be wasted

Our defense wasn't really the problem last season to be honest. We were toothless upfront in several of the big games we lost last season. And might I remind you that in the first half of the season, we had the best defense in Europe after Atleti and Roma. But then Valdes got injured and everything went to shit.

Behrox

He is better than you think mate. Villareal is on the list of the clubs I see regularly and Mussachio has always stood out plus he is young (23) and has the potential to improve and become WC. I rate him higher than Marcos who at 40m+ isn't worth it

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He is better than you think mate. Villareal is on the list of the clubs I see regularly and Mussachio has always stood out plus he is young (23) and has the potential to improve and become WC. I rate him higher than Marcos who at 40m+ isn't worth it

Somebody go tell Bartomeu that a Bartra-Musacchio backline would sell a boatload of shirts to the female fans.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Hopefully I would like that better than the Marcos rumors. Plus he has 130+ games with Villareal for a player that is 23 thats alot of exp

To be honest, he and Fazio wipe the floor with all the Argentinian centerbacks except, perhaps, Garay. Both of them should be at the World Cup.

Cule4life

The Culest
I watch many Villareal matches. Yeah Mussachio is good but we can do better. Maybe thats just the Benatia fanboy in me speaking.Maybe he can surprise me. I would prefer signing him than Marquinhos. With this board i will be glad if we got anyone decent like Mussachio.

He should be in Argentina team instead of Fernandez but Sabella is an idiot.

PS- He has a beard so that helps.....

Home of Barca Fans