Matthijs de Ligt

Barto needs to stfu and take the L

yes its bullshit what PSG and City are getting away with BUT remember all those shady deals with Neymar fucking over Santos etc then we have Ro$ell.

Disagree. Barto is well within his right to highlight financial doping of ALL top english clubs and PSG, aswell as state funding of Real Madrid, which has nothing to do with Ney or Rosell.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Serious question : Should we resort to having a rich, foreign sugar daddy like every other big club?

Of course not. We MUST remain a member-owned club. Something that I am glad that Font agrees too.

I am saying we need to be creative and do a much better job broadening our revenues. It is a far cry to think we are getting significant less revenues from sponsorship/commercial/merchandising than Bayern, Manchester United and Real Madrid while Messi is still with us.

[tw]1138845790950944768[/tw]

Resorting to lying, Bartomeu is getting quite desperate.

Real Madrid is more popular than us in terms of having the most number of followers from all social media platforms of all sports teams in the world. We are a close second. And come on, we DON'T have the cheapest tickets among big clubs in Europe. That is a very pathetic and cheap lie.

We have the cheapest SEASON tickets, but unfortunately they all go the same 86,000 members each year who only turn up for the 5 biggest games per season ( great business plan eh )

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We have the cheapest SEASON tickets, but unfortunately they all go the same 86,000 members each year who only turn up for the 5 biggest games per season ( great business plan eh )

Really? Do you have any information on how much our season tickets cost vis-a-vis other clubs'?

I'd think the German clubs have the cheapest season tickets since their individual tickets are so cheap (doesn't mean you can buy them easily though).

Judoman

It is a far cry to think we are getting significant less revenues from sponsorship/commercial/merchandising than Bayern, Manchester United and Real Madrid while Messi is still with us.

As far as revenue is concern, we are no. 1 or 2 on the planet. Last year Barca was no. 2, trailing Madrid, who won CL, which brings 100+ mil. The difference was 60 mil.

I don t know where the "It is a far cry to think we are getting significant less revenues from sponsorship/commercial/merchandising" part.

Really? Do you have any information on how much our season tickets cost vis-a-vis other clubs'?

I'd think the German clubs have the cheapest season tickets since their individual tickets are so cheap (doesn't mean you can buy them easily though).

Heard a year ago or so that some season tickets cost as little as 200 euro. Top German clubs have cheaper individual tickets by far though.

FC433

Barcelona and Madrid have absolutely no right to complain about PSG and City. We have been robbing La Liga teams for years "Broadcasting rights" which gave us an advantage not just over La Liga teams but also other teams.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As far as revenue is concern, we are no. 1 or 2 on the planet. Last year Barca was no. 2, trailing Madrid, who won CL, which brings 100+ mil. The difference was 60 mil.

I don t know where the "It is a far cry to think we are getting significant less revenues from sponsorship/commercial/merchandising" part.

Our total/overall revenue last year was No.2, behind Real Madrid, however I was talking about the commercial portion of our revenue (together with matchday and broadcast make up the total revenue), it was at 322.6m last year, while Real Madrid was at 356.2m, Bayern was at 348.7m and Manchester United was at 316.1m (my bad, they have been ahead of us in this portion for years, last year we just got slightly ahead of them). Even PSG brought in 313.3m from the commercial portion.

If you look at our overall revenue structure compared to others, our matchday portion has been one of the best if not the best which speaks to our attendance (despite the slump in the 17/18 season) and everything associated with it, which we can't control (CORRECTION: we CAN control indeed. I suspect that our matchday revenue is high partially because our ticket prices are high, in addition to attendance). Our broadcast portion of the revenue is closely tied to our performance in the CL and the league, something we can't control either. The commercial portion is where we lag behind others a bit and it is something we can control, we can do better at.

Last edited:

Ajax

Now we have the super rich complaining about the ultra rich. Yeez

Barca fans should just accept that succes comes in waves. Now its time to rebuilt. Dont buy the Coutinhos and Griezmans but focus on the next 5 years and stay healthy as a club.

Buy young players (like FdJ, MdL etc.) and accept you may not win the CL next season but be rock solid in 3 years.

QSG, MC are depending on doping. See what happened to Chelsea, Monaca when their sugardaddy loses interest..

Barcelona and Madrid have absolutely no right to complain about PSG and City. We have been robbing La Liga teams for years "Broadcasting rights" which gave us an advantage not just over La Liga teams but also other teams.

Broadcasting rights favouring big teams across Europe (not just Barca) has been common place for years. The big clubs in England would do anything to have it back. Barca's competitors in La Liga are RM and Atleti who also got the same advantage, hence nullifying any advantage over our competitors. The point about financial doping is extremely valid, none of the above invalidates it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Barca fans should just accept that succes comes in waves. Now its time to rebuilt. Dont buy the Coutinhos and Griezmans but focus on the next 5 years and stay healthy as a club.

Buy young players (like FdJ, MdL etc.) and accept you may not win the CL next season but be rock solid in 3 years.

QSG, MC are depending on doping. See what happened to Chelsea, Monaca when their sugardaddy loses interest..

These young players you mentioned are not costing us much less than those you asked us to stay away from. ;)

But in principle I agree. Abide our time, buy young and start rebuilding.

No, we have a sports club which is funded by it's sports revenue complaining about sports clubs which are funded by non-sports revenue.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Yes, us and Real Madrid have disproportionately benefited from the Spanish TV deals up to now but our approach has been one to make the overall pie bigger so everyone can have a bigger slice. Smaller clubs are definitely making more under the new TV deal that kicked in a couple of years ago.

Home of Barca Fans