Mavericky Puig

serghei

And no one will because he is not Koeman. That is kind of his point.

People didn't turn on Koeman because he didn't play Puig, but because the team was playing poorly and showing no progression. Contrary to what some think, it doesn't matter who plays as long as we show improvements.

JamDav1982

People didn't turn on Koeman because he didn't play Puig, but because the team was playing poorly and showing no progression.

Folk massively made out Koeman had an 'agenda' against Puig as reason didnt play him that is the point.

Absolutely slaughtered him when it came to Puig.

Yet not one comment from last night when Xavi does the same.

There will be plenty mental gymnastics to make out was never about Puig soon enough.

Horatio

You're welcome
People didn't turn on Koeman because he didn't play Puig, but because the team was playing poorly and showing no progression. Contrary to what some think, it doesn't matter who plays as long as we show improvements.

Not even talking about turning. Just completely shitting yes. Xavi will receive none of that. We can make the bet now.

Last edited:

serghei

Not even talking about turning. Just completely shitting yes. Xavi will receive none of that. We can make the bet now.

More like in connection with overplaying Pedri. Puig and Pjanic were frozen and Pedri was played non-stop, which played a part in him getting injured for months now.

JamDav1982

More like in connection with overplaying Pedri. Puig and Pjanic were frozen and Pedri was played non-stop, which played a part in him getting injured for months now.

You literally said it was about the minutes Puig got and he was treated 'unfairly' and that if plays less than 1500 minutes in a season under Xavi would be unfair also.

Predicted this would be way it would go and made out not about Puig but other players.

serghei

You literally said it was about the minutes Puig got and he was treated 'unfairly' and that if plays less than 1500 minutes in a season under Xavi would be unfair also.

Predicted this would be way it would go and made out not about Puig but other players.

Things can change with the appearance of new players. Gavi and Nico both exploded this season, and are starting to put in great performances. Puig will still get more minutes if he's serious and professional. If not, he will be shipped out and nobody will complain.

This idea that people approve Puig being an idiot and want him in the team at all costs is fabricated.

It's an oversimplification to extreme to say people disliked Koeman because he didn't play Puig at all. :lol: Totally wrong. That's like a footnote in what was wrong with him.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Things can change with the appearance of new players. Gavi and Nico both exploded this season, and are starting to put in great performances. Puig will still get more minutes if he's serious and professional. If not, he will be shipped out and nobody will complain.

It's over simplification to extreme to say people disliked Koeman because he didn't play Puig. :lol: Totally wrong. That's like a footnote in what was wrong with him.

This debate was from a few weeks ago when you were going on about how unfairly treated Puig was and should get same game time as Gavi/Nico while praising Laporta when rumoured he was trying to force Puig into the side.

You are missing the point... folk went all out for Koeman any time Puig didnt get minutes. On that issue alone is what is being discussed.

Lets see if he gets the 1500 minutes you think he deserves as a fair shot in team.

serghei

This debate was from a few weeks ago when you were going on about how unfairly treated Puig was and should get same game time as Gavi/Nico while praising Laporta when rumoured he was trying to force Puig into the side.

You are missing the point... folk went all out for Koeman any time Puig didnt get minutes. On that issue alone is what is being discussed.

Yes, because he refused to rest Pedri. He could and should have played Puig more and had Pedri fitter at the end of the season. Could have improved his chances to win the league with smarter rotation.

Xavi is not in the same situation because 2 new players emerged this season who are pushing both for the starter position.

I agree I didn't see Nico being this good and putting such solid performances. He is a surprise for me. So that 1500 minutes prediction will probably not happen, especially if the rumors are true that Puig is fooling around. Xavi will not tolerate that stuff.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

No one is calling for Xavi?s head. Grow up. Stop making things up.
It is clear that the issue might be his work ethic or attitude because he certainly has the talent to succeed, but he might not want it enough.

It's also that there is now some good competition of different talents in the midfield. And it looks to me like FDJ (who I've never rated as more than a Rakitic) is improving under Xavi, becoming more fluid.

It's going to depend on the game. I think Nico will pass FDJ as he gains experience and provides the same skill set plus more. Gavi, Pedri, Puig, Nico, Busi, Demir (and maybe FDJ and Coutinho) have the making of a really fluid balanced attack/defend mid/front. Biggest needs right now is a better CF than Depay and faster CB than Pique. Dembele for that speed danger.

This is a decent core for building the team.

JamDav1982

Yes, because he refused to rest Pedri. He could and should have played Puig more and had Pedri fitter at the end of the season. Could have improved his chances to win the league with smarter rotation.

Nope. It was never about Pedri as any midfielder could have done that but always a moan about Puig.

As said from this season it was claimed Xavi giving him 1500 minutes would be fair.

It is easy enough to read comments even from few weeks ago as to how unfairly treated Puig was and Laporta being praised for loving him and wanting him to have more prominent role in team.

serghei

Nope. It was never about Pedri as any midfielder could have done that but always a moan about Puig.

As said from this season it was claimed Xavi giving him 1500 minutes would be fair.

It is easy enough to read comments even from few weeks ago as to how unfairly treated Puig was and Laporta being praised for loving him and wanting him to have more prominent role in team.

It was said. Puig was viewed as having the most similar role to Pedri, i.e. being the best candidate to get a good chunk of minutes when resting him. Now not only will Pedri be rested, but he actually has a good fight on his hands for a starting position with the other 2 youngsters that have emerged.

Don't think it was a question of playing Puig over Pedri, at any point. Only to rest Pedri and distribute some minutes in Puig's way.

JamDav1982

It was said. Puig was viewed as having the most similar role to Pedri, i.e. being the best candidate to get a good chunk of minutes when resting him.

While massively over rating what Puig could do and that continuing on to this season when Pedri not even in team.

Only few weeks ago doing backflips over Laporta being able to see the talent in Puig and he deserves similar minutes to Nico and Gavi.

The whole idea the main driver was folk wanting Pedri rested is utter nonsense. It was mostly another angle to argue why Koeman should play him.

The idea Puig could do similar role to Pedri is all part of it anyway if want to go that way.

serghei

It's also that there is now some good competition of different talents in the midfield. And it looks to me like FDJ (who I've never rated as more than a Rakitic) is improving under Xavi, becoming more fluid.

It's going to depend on the game. I think Nico will pass FDJ as he gains experience and provides the same skill set plus more. Gavi, Pedri, Puig, Nico, Busi, Demir (and maybe FDJ and Coutinho) have the making of a really fluid balanced attack/defend mid/front. Biggest needs right now is a better CF than Depay and faster CB than Pique. Dembele for that speed danger.

This is a decent core for building the team.

Give De Jong some time. He will improve a lot if the midfield will form chemistry and will start to rack those passes with their eye closed.

Home of Barca Fans