Mavericky Puig

George_Costanza

Interesting. Real Madrid's midfielders are Kroos, Casemiro, Modric, Valverde, Camavinga, Ceballos and Isco.

Atletico: de Paul, Koke, Herrera, Kondogbia, Llorente, Lemar

City: Rodri, Fernandinho, Foden, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo

Bayern: Kimmich, Tolisso, Goretzka, Sabitzer, Cuisance, Marc Roca

Is Riqui better than any of those? Maybe Bayern could do with a better 6th midfielder for their 2-man midfield :messi:

Some of the names you mentioned I never heard of them or rarely saw them play :lol: It's good that you are watching all those players to judge who is better or not.

Messigician

Puig is a stunning alpha

Play exceptional for someone who gets no chance to get a run of games going for form.

Honestly needs more games so we can win even more

JamDav1982

Pretty much the standard game you expect from him. Nice and tidy on the ball, very good in transitions and small moments, but not really a part of the team structure. The role he played yesterday (free flowing #10/AM?) won't be gifted to him on a regular basis here (and rightfully).

He's miles more talented than the likes of Denis, Alena and co though.

Shown nothing to be held up as more talented than likes of Denis and Alena.

Not even sure he could establish himself at mid level la liga team as a starter.

Shame he is not higher rated and could get a good fee for him.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Interesting. Real Madrid's midfielders are Kroos, Casemiro, Modric, Valverde, Camavinga, Ceballos and Isco.

Atletico: de Paul, Koke, Herrera, Kondogbia, Llorente, Lemar

City: Rodri, Fernandinho, Foden, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo

Bayern: Kimmich, Tolisso, Goretzka, Sabitzer, Cuisance, Marc Roca

Is Riqui better than any of those? Maybe Bayern could do with a better 6th midfielder for their 2-man midfield :messi:

I'd actually consider him better than quite a few on this list. Roca, Cuisance, Ceballos and Isco. Funny how you have to include City (who is the most stacked team in the world and pretty much has unlimited resources, so it basically holds no relevance here) just to make your point though. :lol:

Messigician

I'd actually consider him better than quite a few on this list. Roca, Cuisance, Ceballos and Isco. Funny how you have to include City (who is the most stacked team in the world and pretty much has unlimited resources, so it basically holds no relevance here) just to make your point though. :lol:

Not kondogbia or Herrera?

fergus90

Cuisance has just been sold to Venezia so Bayern would probably agree with it too. Isco basically dropped a cliff after 2017-18.

mc_lovin

Shown nothing to be held up as more talented than likes of Denis and Alena.

Not even sure he could establish himself at mid level la liga team as a starter.

Shame he is not higher rated and could get a good fee for him.

On the ball he's definitely better than both. Apart from that it's hard to say who's more talented, and what exactly to count as "talent", Alena and Denis are definitely more stable/solid players.

JamDav1982

On the ball he's definitely better than both. Apart from that it's hard to say who's more talented, and what exactly to count as "talent", Alena and Denis are definitely more stable/solid players.

On the ball he has not shown he is better or more talented.

Puig is fairly limited on the ball bar in tight areas where can move it quickly.

Denis has proven more in La Liga on the ball than Puig has and at a better level.

Alena has shown enough to be a La Liga level player and was far better in B team etc. Puig has yet to even show that.

mc_lovin

On the ball he has not shown he is better or more talented.

Puig is fairly limited on the ball bar in tight areas where can move it quickly.

Denis has proven more in La Liga on the ball than Puig has and at a better level.

Alena has shown enough to be a La Liga level player and was far better in B team etc.

I always thought Puig had a certain wow factor on the ball, something Alena never had. With Denis it's up to discussion. Maybe that's down to this one preseason game against Milan though, which somehow burned into my memory.

Anyway, we don't have to waste too much time on discussing Puig. Pedri and Gavi pretty much made him irrelevant.

Bobo32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XRntbASBw
1:37 Messi-like!
2:20 Busquets-like!
2:28 Iniesta-like!
2:44 Xavi-like!

Many more nice small moments in the little vid, but it lacks the perhaps nicest one: the Puig-like little one touch flick with the outside of his foot, over the defenders leg, that Luuk de Jong couldn't control unfortunately.

A very mature and good game overall by Puig. He lost the ball quite badly twice in 30 secs, which looked to be due to lack of concentration because of fatigue, but then he made 2-3 very nice things immediately after that. He was much too slow to put pressure on the cross that lead to the big chance, and I thought he overall was too eager to come ask for the ball while marked, but other than that I thought he played excellently. Luuk scored nicely and had a couple of good attempts on top of that, but the real MOTM was probably Puig. Not that he was sensational or anything (it is sensational that he played so well under the circumstances though), but he played well and helped Barcelona control the game to the extent that they did.
He certainly overshone the midfield regulars who also played this game.

JamDav1982

Never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

When that performance is hyped says it all.

The usual Puig stuff and overall he was decent. Still struggles in same areas as always and still good at what always has been.

TRY_Aze

Most improtant, there is an improvement in his game without the ball, which I noticed while watching yesterday. Already dont pressing like the headless chicken (some users use this quote )

serghei

That touch at 4:05 is crazy good. Smart little player, I hope Xavi will continue to give him minutes. I like our depth in midfield.

Horatio

You're welcome
Loved 4:05. Commented on it in chat.

This is Mallorca though guys...this was game where we put Araujo on LB for first time and he actually looked good and Luuk de Jong scored.

Home of Barca Fans