Mehdi Benatia

NotInHere

There were rumors about Hummels before the wc, and if they inquired about him, they were probably told "he's not for sale". Marquinhos is very young, so a huge bid for him might be seen as good investment, as he'd be here for years. I don't see them spending 40+ on Benatia though, as he is 27 and not really known or markeatable. They would have on Luiz, though.
I refuse to believe that the board would go for an inferior player just because they wouldnt want to pay a little extra for the better one

More like the better player doesnt want to come here for sone reason, just because we are barcelona it doesnt automatically mean every single good player will come here, the board did buy Suarez after all, they do seem willing to persue a player no matter the price, and its not like the suarez was an useless signing, we did need a 9

But at the same time if they arent going for a player that we badly need just because of the price tag, then yeah I could see the whole reasoning behind this. Point is, none of us know what is exactly going on behind doors, we will just have to wait.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I refuse to believe that the board would go for an inferior player just because they wouldnt want to pay a little extra for the better one

More like the better player doesnt want to come here for sone reason, just because we are barcelona it doesnt automatically mean every single good player will come here, the board did buy Suarez after all, they do seem willing to persue a player no matter the price, and its not like the suarez was an useless signing, we did need a 9

But at the same time if they arent going for a player that we badly need just because of the price tag, then yeah I could see the whole reasoning behind this. Point is, none of us know what is exactly going on behind doors, we will just have to wait.

+1

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Or maybe because only a certain players (ironically the ones who are impossible to get) fit the Barcelona profile according to them.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Davide Astori is close to completing a move to AS Roma. Do you guys know what this means! They have cover for Benatia if he leaves! ;)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Weren't Roma interested in Nastasic too? Or is that deal completely off because City aren't getting Benatia?

That deal is probably off since City opted for Mangala.

But City signing Mangala means that they might need to sell Nastasic due to foreign player limits. He's rated at 15m pounds. Roma, Inter, and Arsenal are said to be interested.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That doesn't even mean anything tbh, considering just today Astori signed a 3 year renewal with Cagliari and is now rumored to be close to joining Roma.

I do think that Benatia will stay atleast one more year though. Rumours have been going around that Astori is being signed as a replacement for Benatia, but to me it looks like they just wanted to add some depth and competition for those two positions.

I would be suprised if he leaves now.

Home of Barca Fans