Memphis Depay

Birdy

What do you make of this graph?

His possession loses certainly cost us.
But I wanna raise an objection in his defense:

As the analysts say in the tweet the whole defensive structure of the team in transition should be analyzed.
We might find similar results in the possession losses in general of the team, which would indicate a deeper problem in dealing with defensive transitions

Windhook

The infamous Real Madrid goal the moment Memphis lost the ball. That's all on my mind. The guy is to blame, but these things happen in games a lot and it was basically Barca's poor positioning that lead to Memphis chasing back his opponent til mid-pitch.

JamDav1982

Depay loses ball to much and team is terrible at defending on the break.

Teams used to get a lot of chances from Messi giving it away as well it was discussed a lot.

Bobo32

His possession loses certainly cost us.
But I wanna raise an objection in his defense:

As the analysts say in the tweet the whole defensive structure of the team in transition should be analyzed.
We might find similar results in the possession losses in general of the team, which would indicate a deeper problem in dealing with defensive transitions

I think the graph says close to nothing tbh.
Your objection is true, as it is for most stats, but the sample size is also small, and arbitrarily only looking at top scorers from each team, and looking at shots after 15s is strange. But Depay would be top in most of the ways you'd present losses of possession I am sure.

ajnotkeith

6 out of 12 of Depay's goals this qualifiers have been from the spot, whilst he has also missed a penalty against Gibraltar making the total taken this qualifiers 7.

He also scored a extra time goal yesterday in the 'last kick of the game' to make it 2-0 Vs Norway. It's honestly impressive how inflated his stats are in these qualifiers.

Gnidrologist

Loosing the ball, while trying to make things happen is acceptable. Problem with this dude is that his decision making and end product is mediocre at best. Too often he tries high risk/low success type of shit like dummies, dribbles and impossible one-twos in similar fashion to old man Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans