Memphis Depay

behindbrowneyes

He is going downhill fast. Started well then worse and worse.

Just another passenger on the sinking Titanic. Nothing to do really for a single player. It would take the genius of Messi to make a difference every now and then. And like I said already: I truly believe the GOAT himself would struggle a lot in current Barca and people would say he's way past it.

Messi983

He's the least of our problems right now imo. For all complaints, he was involved in 43% of our goals in the league. We'd probably be in the relegation battle without him.

As for his performances he was overall looking better when he had an actual footballer playing alongside him (Griezmann at the start of the season and Fati for a few games he was healthy).

Also, should have been subbed off last night after 3-0 to at least get some rest. He has played every single minute in La liga so far and was only subbed out once in CL against Dynamo. He must be dead tired by now.

Kul_z

That walking towards the corner kick at 3:0 was my turning point. There was almost 20 minutes left to play and he gave up like a chicken. Lion my ass. It doesnt matter if its impossible, just try your best.

FinBarcelonafan

He isn't the problem, but not the answer either.

Exactly. I would say bigger problems are Dest, Pique, Lenglet, Busi, Stegen, Coutinho etc.

Something needs to be done to these guys before him.

But like Khaled said, not long-term answer either. He ain't good enough, especially as a striker. He sucks as a striker.

ajnotkeith

He's the least of our problems right now imo. For all complaints, he was involved in 43% of our goals in the league. We'd probably be in the relegation battle without him.

As for his performances he was overall looking better when he had an actual footballer playing alongside him (Griezmann at the start of the season and Fati for a few games he was healthy).

Also, should have been subbed off last night after 3-0 to at least get some rest. He has played every single minute in La liga so far and was only subbed out once in CL against Dynamo. He must be dead tired by now.

It doesn't take anything special to score penalties and tapins against relegation teams. In fact he has shown this season he can't even score tap ins and has missed countless amounts of easy chances which a decent striker would score.

Getting every single chance, free kick, penalty and losing the ball 30 times a game warrants some sort of return. Put a Segunda player in that situation and he would get goals as well.

In terms of NPG he has a goal every 375 minutes this season.For the amount of possession he has and resources he gets every game that is truly pathetic. He is not an asset at the moment.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans