Memphis Depay

Birdy

been around longer than all the fools here. seen lots of garbage getting bought by the club.

suddenly i can't call a player garbage when that's what he is? what kind of fucked up political correctness is this?

ah, i forgot that i should go with the sheepish opinions and lavish praise on bums like depay. who came here, took some money and will leave without anything of note. in 10 years time hardly anybody will remember he even played here.

wanna praise mediocrity? be my guest. you have a wonderful track record on that.

Dude, I might be one with most anti-sheepish posters here, I always get attacked for not going with the commonsense view.

The problem is you can't see potential in young players, and you trash them without giving them any chance. And I am not talking about Depay.

You want 'established' and 'proven' WC players instead, which analyzed means only prime Messi prime Neymar and prime Suarez LOL
Like I said if there was BF earlier, you would have trashed young Xavi and young Iniesta

malvolio

Dude, I might be one with most anti-sheepish posters here, I always get attacked for not going with the commonsense view.

The problem is you can't see potential in young players, and you trash them without giving them any chance. And I am not talking about Depay.

You want 'established' and 'proven' WC players instead, which analyzed means only prime Messi prime Neymar and prime Suarez LOL
Like I said if there was BF earlier, you would have trashed young Xavi and young Iniesta

I've said about Garcia and Torres that they're bench warmers at City and don't have enough quality for Barca - proven right as they have demonstrated.

Saw Kessie play and was against signing him - proven right again.

Said Depay is suspect, even though kind of liked his swag - didn't turn out ok, get rid rightfully.

Was excited about getting Dembele and FDJ - was disappointed after the amounts of money we spent vs what they provided.

Kounde I always wanted, even Raphinha but didn't see him play that much(kind of disappointed with him).

Pedri and Gavi - i like them, have criticized some of their weak points. But overall, happy with them.

Araujo - not my type of player and think he has some weaknesses on ball play that might prohibit him from becoming world class.

Balde - haven't watched him all that much to have an opinion.

Ansu - liked his incisiveness, but got lots of money for no particular reason, perma injured and for me he is suspect if the first time shots he tries don't work.

So all in all, don't believe I went overboard by criticizing players that don't deserve it. And don't expect us to buy established WC, but money was there and instead of buying smart we bought lots of garbage.

malvolio

Memphis might have the appearance of a diva but he has in no way acted unprofessionally during his stint here.

He has never done so at any other club. Said it before he arrived. Would never cause a scene.

Apparently didn't show up for training.

The Dutchman, who continues to be linked with a January exit to Atletico, was expected to be at the session and his absence was a surprise.

Oh well, not too late to kick up a fuss I guess.

Bobo32

The Dutchman, who continues to be linked with a January exit to Atletico, was expected to be at the session and his absence was a surprise.

He moaned a bit the other week iirc as well (maybe well foundedly, his situation is not good, but otoh it was very predictable)
He is a VERY egocentric person, which can be seen with just a glance. He can act "professional" when it suits him, but it was written PROBLEM all over this signing. He is too bad of a player to build a Barcelona team around, and he is not suited to be a fringe player. Just a waste of time.

Horatio

You're welcome

Cut from same cloth as serghei hahaha. Makes sense.
Clutching at straws to sell their heavily biased opinion.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Off to Atletico for around 3-4 Million.

Maybe if Alarcon scores tomorrow he could find himsefl in and around first team until end of season.

Or the go with 4 mids and Torre gets more ba k up minutes than Depay would.

Be interesting to see what plan is.

jamrock

I don't think he'll work at AM, he's cheeseman with less work rate, can't see him working on their defensive minded system, but good luck to him, I always liked him as a player.

Hopefully this helps us renew one of our young players.

Andresito

Staff member

Relax

This morning Bar?a and Atl?tico reached an agreement for Memphis and the player was allowed not to train. [@ferrancorreas]

Home of Barca Fans