Memphis Depay

ajnotkeith

https://twitter.com/Ramon_AlvarezMM/status/1426159506287890437

Ramon who has been very accurate regarding Barca's financial issues says that he is confused if Barca will be able to register Depay. It may be possible that the club found out about a work-around today, there are wage cuts/exits due to happen, or LaLiga said fuck it and allowed him. But the only one that really makes sense is that there is a coming exit as why can't we reg him today??

OR we have a Messi situation where all the sources on the day come out saying it will happen and it turns out Barca lied lol

BADGERBHOY

I agree that Pique is probably the most reasonable from all of them. In addition to that he has other interest apart from football so he is also earning money elsewhere. In contrast, Alba and Busi are probably the worst kind of people you want to be negotiating with. Regarding Roberto, I can understand him since this is his last year and he knows that he won't get this salary ever again. You have to be an idiot like Barto to give a player like Roberto this kind of salary. To be fair if I was Roberto I also wouldn't agree to salary cut.

He's made about ?35m - ?40m since he signed his last deal 3 and a half years ago, so I doubt he'll be going to the poor house when he leaves.
He must be used to a certain standard of living though. I guess it would be too hard for him to adjust to only half of those wages, while helping a club he supposedly loves.
I honestly cant wait until this fraud is gone.

Devils

E8rF-GjXMAEGm7b

Barca's new #9.

Whewwwww!

malvolio

He's made about ?35m - ?40m since he signed his last deal 3 and a half years ago, so I doubt he'll be going to the poor house when he leaves.
He must be used to a certain standard of living though. I guess it would be too hard for him to adjust to only half of those wages, while helping a club he supposedly loves.
I honestly cant wait until this fraud is gone.

can we just let go of this stupid reasoning about players at top clubs getting wage cuts? it has never happened and never will. while a player has a running contract, he won't just let go of money because he has to 'help' the club. it is not his job to handle club finances and make sure everyone gets payed what he is owed.

as long as the club treats them as assets, so do players treat the club as no more than an employer. this is not 1921 where amateurs played for beers after the game. players will not play for free in 2021(another theory bandied around by cretins) or take wage cuts. sure, payments can be delayed/deferred or negotiated if mutual termination of contract is reached.

iniestaGOAT

can we just let go of this stupid reasoning about players at top clubs getting wage cuts? it has never happened and never will. while a player has a running contract, he won't just let go of money because he has to 'help' the club. it is not his job to handle club finances and make sure everyone gets payed what he is owed.

as long as the club treats them as assets, so do players treat the club as no more than an employer. this is not 1921 where amateurs played for beers after the game. players will not play for free in 2021(another theory bandied around by cretins) or take wage cuts. sure, payments can be delayed/deferred or negotiated if mutual termination of contract is reached.

What a stupid post! Players will take wage cuts of course depending on the situation.

Didnt pique just take a wage cut?

malvolio

What a stupid post! Players will take wage cuts of course depending on the situation.

Didnt pique just take a wage cut?

mate, ever since you've joined this forum you're posting drivel non-stop. you're uninformed and gullible. i doubt it that you're even able to read properly.

that rumor about pique only stated that he was the only one to agree to a potential wage cut. it doesn't mean pique signed to take a wage cut or what that 'wage cut' means for club and player.

iniestaGOAT

mate, ever since you've joined this forum you're posting drivel non-stop. you're uninformed and gullible. i doubt it that you're even able to read properly.

that rumor about pique only stated that he was the only one to agree a potential wage cut. it doesn't mean pique signed to a wage cut or what that 'wage cut' means for club and player.

Mate you have been posting a bunch of nonsense in many player threads.

You said in 2021 nobody takes a wage cut and pique just took that wage cut proving you wrong. Go post nonsense somewhere else.

khaled_a_d

IF no players accept wage cut and we are able to register these 2, it will get super suspicious.

Make me doubt the whole salary cap thing.

Depends on Emerson situation, is he counted as our player who returned from loan? Or is he a new signing?
Club officially announced it as return from loan, and now there is reports that this is the reason he is 1st registered.

If so, we have got 36M from selling our players (Todibo, Alena, Firpo and Trincao's loan) while saving their salaries, that is over 40M easily.
That should cover Depay wage tbh, and possibly Eric too.

What I don't get why they didn't register Eric with B team since he is eligible for that.

khaled_a_d

were did he took it? is that official or you're again using rumors as official information?

Didn't Laporta say that in the conference? He thanked Pique for taking pay cut.
Although tbf, Pique was born to very wealthy family, dating a singer who is wealthier than any Barca player, and has his own successful business who would grow better when he keeps good relation with club board.

Messi accepted a lower wage than what he got with PSG too, but then again he made a billion of earnings

BADGERBHOY

Its happened in many cases recently and in the past. There have also been other players who have already taken a paycut due to the precarious situation we find ourselves in and this guy is meant to be a captain, a leader.

The guy is on an absolute fortune and should take a paycut, which would still see him making an amount of money most people wont see in their lifetime. I think he's a bit of a dick for not agreeing to help us out here.

malvolio

Didn't Laporta say that in the conference? He thanked Pique for taking pay cut.
Although tbf, Pique was born to very wealthy family, dating a singer who is wealthier than any Barca player, and has his own successful business who would grow better when he keeps good relation with club board.

Messi accepted a lower wage than what he got with PSG too, but then again he made a billion of earnings

where?

messi was a free agent, it's not like he had 3 years left and agreed to just halve his contract.

Its happened in many cases recently and in the past. There have also been other players who have already taken a paycut due to the precarious situation we find ourselves in and this guy is meant to be a captain, a leader.

The guy is on an absolute fortune and should take a paycut, which would still see him making an amount of money most people wont see in their lifetime. I think he's a bit of a dick for not agreeing to help us out here.

examples of those cases? what other players have took the pay cut that pique doesn't want to take?

so what if he is a multi millionaire? a contract is a contract. so club should treat the whole situation like a business but player should do charity work?

Last edited:

snowy

yeah difficult to imagine a single player accepting a pay cut when the rest of his m8s refuse to do so. If it's a collective thing and all the highly paid players and board members accept it, then it would be an easier sell.

At least Pique was open to it and on his own (and maybe took it? I dunno) but that's cool in itself.

The good thing about this purge is that Barca will be forced to detoxify itself after years of Bartomeu bingefest. Who knows what the future holds... maybe a more spartan culture? :rambo:

Home of Barca Fans