Mesut Ozil

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Wouldn't mind it, but not sure it would be possible with the anti-Barca clause Real Madrid put in his contract. Well, actually all their departing players these days.

Vilarrubi

Should we buy ozil as an iniesta replacement?

Wouldn't mind it at all. Only Messi has more assists currently than him...

Ozil finds space where others can't and can provide that killer ball forward.. I'd take him in a heartbeat at the moment. I also rated him at RM, never understood why they sold him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not possible to sign Ozil. Arsenal would have to pay Real Madrid if we sign him :lol:

Unless we work around the deal. "Loan" Ozil for a year then pay an amount for a first option on some random Arsenal player :thinking:

Total-Football

No, it would still be the same. Don't know what you're on mate.

it would not be the same .. messi solo's from midfield are million times harder and more spectacular .. and he's done it countless times ..

it i sounded like i'm discrediting Ozil then i'm not .. a great goal is a great goal and i'm a fan on ozil

Sali

He should stay at Arsenal, brilliant player! Definitely too weak defensively to play Iniesta's role in a 4-3-3 though, he plays the #10 role to perfection but Barca would never change their system just to fit him in.

Robbie

Not possible to sign Ozil. Arsenal would have to pay Real Madrid if we sign him :lol:

Unless we work around the deal. "Loan" Ozil for a year then pay an amount for a first option on some random Arsenal player :thinking:

Ozil has 18 months left on his contract, like Alexis. Neither have signed new deals, and the only clubs that would try to get them would be Premier League rivals (Chelsea, City, maybe United). Arsenal will never sell to a rival after RVP, and Wenger himself said they're staying for the full 18 months whether they sign a deal or not.

What's probably going to happen (worst case scenario), is both players just running down their contracts and being able to choose whatever club they want. If it comes down to that, I really hope it's off to Germany/Italy/Spain. Strengthening a rival while being weakened at the same time is horrible.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ozil has 18 months left on his contract, like Alexis. Neither have signed new deals, and the only clubs that would try to get them would be Premier League rivals (Chelsea, City, maybe United). Arsenal will never sell to a rival after RVP, and Wenger himself said they're staying for the full 18 months whether they sign a deal or not.

What's probably going to happen (worst case scenario), is both players just running down their contracts and being able to choose whatever club they want. If it comes down to that, I really hope it's off to Germany/Italy/Spain. Strengthening a rival while being weakened at the same time is horrible.

What's the deal with their contracts though? Arsenal should be able to pay them the money they want, obviously negotiate it down a bit.

Or are they just waiting to see how the season plays out? You guys got a good team now, although need to replace Cazorla and bring in players with the same profile as him. Would be a punch in the stomach to lose even one of them now.

Robbie

Nobody really knows, but there are rumors that they don't want to commit the best years of their careers until Wenger signs a new deal. There will be instability when he leaves, and they don't have time to wait around for things to get better. If Wenger signs, they most likely will soon after. If he doesn't, then they leave on a free at the end of next season.

Home of Barca Fans