Mesut Ozil

raskolnikov

There are pro's and con's to bringing him but if we can get a creativity boost for 20 mil to help in la liga/cl it would give us needed depth in midfield.

Givenchy

apparently United are interested in him as well but knowing Wenger he'd probably give him to us for 5m if it meant United missing out :lol:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I doubt Wenger will let him go in January, it's the same old, "the deal has been already made with a player" and yet they forgot to ask the club if they are selling him:lol:

Get Ozil and Sanchez in a package deal for 50m and go all out for the CL.

Sanchez-Messi-Dembele

Ozil-Busquets-Iniesta

Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Semedo

Let Iniesta play the Xavi role.

BAM.

Xaviniesta

Get Ozil and Sanchez in a package deal for 50m and go all out for the CL.

Sanchez-Messi-Dembele

Ozil-Busquets-Iniesta

Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Semedo

Let Iniesta play the Xavi role.

BAM.

Don't know if Iniesta can defend well...

Weren't you shitting on his defending in the match chat saying he should go to a retirement home? :lol:

Don't know if Iniesta can defend well...

Weren't you shitting on his defending in the match chat saying he should go to a retirement home? :lol:

Haha, I don't use much logic or rational thinking in the match chats, I'm mostly posting based on impulse and emotion in there and just saying whatever comes to my head.

Zincubus

Banned
These idiots seriously tried to buy Di Maria in the summer and now going to buy Ozil in January.

Look at us in 2017/2018, buying old washed up Madrid players that we annihilated back in 2010.

He chose to leave Real and whenever he played against us for them he tormented us , as I recall

Neimax

In general, I'm not a fan of buying players instead of giving chances to the homegrown, as it's much better for the future of a club to trust in its youngsters. Nonetheless, signing Özil would definitely boost our quality and therefore our chances of winning the CL. I'm sure he has 2-3 great seasons in him. I know the club is much more important than one player, but to be honest i would be tremendously pissed of if Messi and CR would end up with the same amount of Ballon d'ors and CL-trophy and if people would argue that they were on the same level after their retirement. Therefore the next 3 seasons will be crucial to give Leo at least two more CL titles and signing Özil would definitely increase our chances winning it tremendously for the next few seasons. Moreover, 20 Mio for a high quality player (and Özil definitely is one of them) is a steal in todays market.
Therefore, I think it wouldn't be that bad if we sign him in january. Only thing I hope is that we sell at least two midfielders if we really sign him. I would therefore sell Gomes and Rakitic. With Busi, Iniesta, Özil, Roberto and Paulinho we would have a great midfield. I think it would also be possible to give some minutes to Aleña then. If we may have some serious problems with injuries, we still have Denis and Masche who could also play in midfield.

Xaviniesta

God I hope Ozil/Iniesta know how to defend. Tired of seeing Rakitic with ZERO creativity offer nothing going forward besides the occasional shot outside the box.

Interlop

I think 20M for him when we can get him for free in 6 mobths is too much. Plus the massive wages he’ll get, thats a lot. Why didn’t we get him during the summer?

Messi983

While I'm not crazy about signing another Arsenal player he's probably one of the few who we can sign in January and won't be cup tied for the CL. He also knows La Liga and probably won't need much time to adapt and he also won't totally close down first team spot in the near future for Alena as it would happen if we sign Coutinho. Yes, I know people want to see Alena playing instead of Rakitić but I see him as a better fit in Iniesta position. Or in other words, I don't think Alena and Coutinho could really play together. Maybe I'm wrong but we won't really know that unless we buy Cou.

So buying Ozil now and signing let's say Goretzka in summer for free as a longterm Rakitić replacement wouldn't be the end of the world. Of course if we decide to do that and Liverpool would be willing to sell we can still also go after Coutinho because we wouldn't spend much on Ozil and Goretzka.

Home of Barca Fans