Negative Thinking Cules

Maradona37

Best EPL team this season.
All knowledgable football world knows and saw that.
Let the clowns in their ignorance.
Ignorance is bliss
To be fair, they were eliminated against Bayern (as I predicted when many were being fooled by 'form' in their own leagues) and as soon as Man City got serious they easily started accumulating more points than Arsenal.

You know I like you and respect your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with that. Man City are and were the best team in the EPL, and will remain so as long as Pep is there. 6 titles in 7 years proves that.

Arsenal are a very good team to a point, but for me they aren't a special team like Man City are, or Liverpool were in Klopp's prime there. I expected them to disappoint in the CL, and they did.

Personally, I am not convinced by the hype around Arsenal in the media. I don't think they will get as many points next season.

Like I say, you know I rate your posts, just a difference of opinion.

Birdy

To be fair, they were eliminated against Bayern (as I predicted when many were being fooled by 'form' in their own leagues) and as soon as Man City got serious they easily started accumulating more points than Arsenal.

You know I like you and respect your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with that. Man City are and were the best team in the EPL, and will remain so as long as Pep is there. 6 titles in 7 years proves that.

Arsenal are a very good team to a point, but for me they aren't a special team like Man City are, or Liverpool were in Klopp's prime there. I expected them to disappoint in the CL, and they did.

Personally, I am not convinced by the hype around Arsenal in the media. I don't think they will get as many points next season.

Like I say, you know I rate your posts, just a difference of opinion.

EPL specifically, Arsenal were clear in 23-24 of everyone else, including City

Underlying numbers prove that: best attack (xG) and best defence (xG conceded), plus many other metrics

Their run after early January until the end of the season was phenomenal: only the Aston Villa loss (which they should have won based on chances), and all wins in all other games.
Paid the price for the few points dropped during Christmas

Had City eliminated Madrid, I am sure Arsenal would have been champions.
City would have won CL and lost EPL as they would have dropped a point in games within frantic schedule.

I expect them this coming season to reach 95-100 points level.

PS: CL was a different story, they were not the best team in Europe, but they are gradually growing there as well.

Maradona37

EPL specifically, Arsenal were clear in 23-24 of everyone else, including City

Underlying numbers prove that: best attack (xG) and best defence (xG conceded), plus many other metrics

Their run after early January until the end of the season was phenomenal: only the Aston Villa loss (which they should have won based on chances), and all wins in all other games.
Paid the price for the few points dropped during Christmas

Had City eliminated Madrid, I am sure Arsenal would have been champions.
City would have won CL and lost EPL as they would have dropped a point in games within frantic schedule.

I expect them this coming season to reach 95-100 points level.

PS: CL was a different story, they were not the best team in Europe, but they are gradually growing there as well.
Fair enough - you backed up your argument well.

We will see what happens this season. Arsenal kinda annoy me as a club so maybe it's my bias.

Only one team in history has reached 100 points, 95-99 is for the absolute best of the best. I think their ceiling is about 92.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
We as a club will never learn, doesn't matter if a new board comes, new manager.
We needed a CDM, an LW, and even an RB. But we spend 60m on CAM.
Now we probably wont have any money to sign anyone else.
We deserve all the financial difficulties. And I am now incredibly sceptical about our trophies next season.

Home of Barca Fans