New 2015-16 Barca Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManusXavi

My parents are not greatly knowledgeable about the history of Barcelona and are getting me the Xavi #6 Barcelona away shirt for Christmas (in january)
What do you think of this letter for them? Does it need some changes?

" I’d like to thank my mother ,my father and my brother for this amazing Christmas gift.
This is the 2015-16 FC Barcelona (away games) shirt.
It has many details that pay tribute to the history of FC Barcelona.
This is also a shirt for Catalonia – A region whose capital city is Barcelona.
~ The golden yellow background represents Catalan Unity.
~ On the back we have 4 red stripes on a golden yellow background which is the Catalonia flag (senyera) inspired in the way that FC Barcelona fans wear the Senyera around their necks as a cape in support, expressing their love for both Catalonia and FC Barcelona.
~ FC Barcelona’s unique font for the players name and number continues to take inspiration from the angles created by the sentinel chimneys of Antoni Gaudí’s modernist masterpiece La Pedrera – a design icon synonymous with the city of Barcelona.
~Up top at the neck we have FC Barcelona’s colours of Red and Blue (Blaugrana) chosen early in the clubs history.
~ I like how down both the sides of this shirt we have the single blue stripe. A nod to the stripes on the 1973-74 away kits when Barcelona won the Spanish premier league for the first time in 14 years and beat Real Madrid away in Madrid 0-5. Johan Cruyff was one of the players in that side and would go on to change the way Barcelona play football. He created a youth academy where players would grow up playing that style of football.
~ The FIFA Club World Cup was won in 2015 for the 3rd time in the 60 years of intercontinental history. A badge for that is on the front.
~ Reflecting on this shirt I feel that former midfielder Xavi Hernandez is the ideal player for this shirt. Xavi was born in Catalonia. He joined the Barcelona youth academy at a young age and developed into the midfield player that Johan Cruyff had dreamed about >> Xavi was known as ‘the Puppet Master’. He was very good at passing, moving into space, and keeping the ball. That helped Barcelona avoid expending wasteful energy on defending and increased Barcelona’s ability to defend and attack with even more deadly accuracy and speed. Xavi made more than 700 appearences for Barcelona, he made more than 180 goal assists and helped Barcelona become World Champions in 2009, 2011 and retired straight after helping Barcelona qualify for the 2015 World Cup. "

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
These are rumored to be the designs of our 16/17 kits, sans Qatar Airways

kanqiu_25654382_235909374__20160119003710.png

kanqiu_25654382_274931126__20160119003711.png

kanqiu_25654382_1295938963__20160119003712.png

I don't like the new rumored home kit... That's probably the one as we've been hearing for a year that the next kit would be inspired by former kits, 80s if i remember well.

The colors are too flashy, darken that shit up and we're game.
the collar has aged too :lol: almost a bow tie, messi will be happy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't like the new rumored home kit... That's probably the one as we've been hearing for a year that the next kit would be inspired by former kits, 80s if i remember well.

The colors are too flashy, darken that shit up and we're game.
the collar has aged too :lol: almost a bow tie, messi will be happy.

Yeah, agreed that the colors on the home jersey need to darken a bit but if we were to believe what is shown on the credible prototype/leaked picture from footyheadlines, the colors are indeed very bright as it is mimicking the 1992 home jersey

FC-Barcelona-16-17-Kit%2B%25281%2529.JPG

I don't know, I think it is not bad, but the bright colors do make it look a bit Levante-ish.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I love that too. It was my first Barca kit, with Ronnie at the back of course. Got it in Spain as a kid.

Edit: Okay, I got another one, I mixed them up. Still an awesome kit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans