New members

Barca_Ray_USA

Hey Ron, loved the intro!

Gota tell you, the 90`s did it for me too. Laudrup, Hristo, Romario... Who could resist? And then all those youngsters emerging. From Cruyff`s son, Figo (scum) to De La Pena...

See ya on the forum!

maz

I walk the line
Cheers.

First of all, i'de like to thank Bojan for inviting me to this forum.
After talking to me and introducing me to his forum, i had no second thoughts and i rushed to sign in.

With that being said, my name is Ron, i'll be 26 this wednesday. i'm originally from Venezuela but i moved to Israel when i was 2 years old, and that's where i'm living since than. i'm a Tattoo Artist in my profession.
As much as i remember, i'm a Barca fan since the early 90's. it was'nt a specific game that made me an official Cule, it was Barca's unusual colors & attire that cought my eyes, which were different from other teams in Europe. as the years flew by, it was Barca's beautiful style of play A.K.A 'The Barcelonismo' that made me the hardcore fan that i am today.

My earliest Barca's memory was the first Champions Cup win over Sampdoria at Wembley. I Was a fresh Barca fan, and this game 'sealed the deal' for me :lol:

I Have 2 unforgettable games in my personal archive:
The first, unsurprisingly, was the great 5-0 over Reial in 93/94. 40 years from now, when i'll start to develope Alzheimer, i will not forget Romario's goal on the face of Alkorta.
The second was the 5-1 win over Chealse in the Champions League Quarter-Finals of 99/00. The atmosphere was amazing, the game was amazing, and the final score was, well, amazing.

As far as favourite players, Pep & Lucho are my favourite players of all time, by far.
Pep is everything that Barcelona stands for - Heart, Secrifice, Soul, Style & Beauty. no one will ever come close to his status in Barca's history.
Lucho did a thing that only a few players can do, if any - moved from Reial to Barca only to become one of the most loved players of all time. he gave everything for the club & fans, became more catalunian than every other person in Catalunya and gave us all unforgettable moments.
In this day & age, my favourite Barca player is Rafael Marquez. his devotion & commitment should've won him the Vice Capita position, or at least the 3rd Capita in my opinion.

Well, that was my "short" intro. hope to become an integral part on this forum.
Have a nice day!
Welcome art (ron)..great introduction and i look forward to reading your posts. I was at the first leg of the chelsea-barcelona tie in 2000. I was sitting with the chelsea fans so i couldnt cheer fcb (i didnt even know any songs at that age anyway..i was only 12 or 13 lol)..but i remember it very well. It was my first live fcb game (in fact, the ONLY one ever..although i plan to go to the Sevilla game this season). I remember being so happy that i got to see the likes of rivaldo, ferrer etc live, but in particular figo. And then for him to leave that summer to madrid was like a dagger.

Anyway, just thought i'd try and relate to your memorable experiences :2145960713mundoemot

Ron

Old-School
Thank all of you for welcoming me with such open arms. it seems i made the right choise joining in.

maz, i envy you (in a good way of course). just taking part of this unforgettable Quarter-Final, even if it was the first leg, that's something to be proud of.
The only Barcelona game i was participating in my 18 years or so of fanhood, was when they played Israel's Hapoel Be'er-Sheva in the UEFA Cup Qualification round in '96. i'm living in Haifa up north, and Be'er-Sheva is a long long way from it down in the south, but for Barca to be here in Israel and i won't be there? No F*** Way! and in the end, it was 7-0 :)

Now i'm saving some money, so me and a good friend of mine, also a Cule, could be at next yeae's Super-Classico at Camp Nou.

Last edited:
M

Moe1981

Many thanks to Bojan for the invite.

Hello everybody

Just introducing myself as a new member on these forums. I have been a Barca fan for as long as i can remember and it was seeing many games as a teenager during the Dream Team era which made me identify and fall in love with Barca's style. This club without any doubt has produced the most beautiful football in history and the list of world class players who played with Barca is endless. I consider myself lucky to have watched the likes of Romario, Laudrup, Rivaldo, Stoichkov, Koeman, and Hagi play for Barca and the more recent stars are as impressive. I will always remember the talented players who have my admiration but i find myself more so attached to the players who embody the Barca spirit like Luis Enrique, Xavi, and Puyol :)

Being a Barca fan has not exactly been the merriest of rides as our team subscribes to a suicidal offensive game that has cost it lots of trophies over the years. I'm sure most of you share my exact sentiments and have suffered our long and enduring history of bad goalkeepers and counter-attacks where we've had nobody defending... not to mention set pieces and other moments that made your heart stop as a barca fan.

All that being said i'm now 27 and more into Barca than ever. In fact i'm Soci # 164058 and still Barca runs in my blood as i'm sure it does in yours.

I hope that i meet other die hard Cules in here who share a similar passion to the club and a good understanding of the beautiful game!

Wishing Barca a very successful remainder of a season

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you joined Moe!

I agree, it wasn`t exactly the merriest of rides, particularly in last 2 seasons. And even when we are on the roll, like this year, there are those nerve wrecking moments such as Espanyol match or our defense making occasional blunder mistakes.
Still.. That`s Barca. Playing attacking football no matter what. :flagvl8:

maz

I walk the line
Welcome moe..good to have u on here. Where are u from?

And u mentioned bad goalkeepers...whats your opinion on the vv situaion?

M

Moe1981

Welcome moe..good to have u on here. Where are u from?

And u mentioned bad goalkeepers...whats your opinion on the vv situaion?

Hey Moe welcome to the forum! glad you joined :)

Hello Maz and mmandela and thank you very much for the warm greetings! I'm from Beirut-Lebanon, a country all too often in the news for the wrong reasons :)

My honest opinion is that the mechanics at Barca are not healthy for any goalkeeper! we attack and attack and attack leaving our keepers exposed to torrential rains all season long! They come at him from the left, right, and center and it becomes really difficult to succeed.

But then again we have to count and blame him for the "gifts" he's given away, a few that come to mind are De La Pena's, and David Villa's a few seasons ago...

Right now though he's lost a lot of confidence. You see him coming out of his goal to punch on a cross but then he tracks back hesitantly which is the biggest sin a goalie can make.

He's under the magnifying glass and his errors are being blown into proportion. To give him some credit he does save quite a few one on ones.... Drenthe's comes to mind.. that was a season changing save i think we can all agree.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans