Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Prime Ronny was a joy to watch, good old times

Poor Ney though, guy had his peak in wrong era

Nowadays his 2015-2018 version would eat everyone

That Ney on LW, Yamal on RW and we're cooking :D

Much is missed in the details that will never come out in videos or stats

Ronny was magical talent but what was more impressive for his best seasons at Barca, he was a leader who ushered in a new swagger. He looked like he was just being goofy but he was as an assassin. Incredibly competitive on the pitch, solving problems in a way I have never seen a player - with outrageous ease. But it was also the hugs before the match, the comraderie and confidence he instilled in a team in transition. It was palpable, he shifted the fortunes on/off the pitch but really for fans we were all on that wave. It was fantastic. It’s also why I still have unresolved resentment towards him for squandering his prime years and denying us more magic with the erupting Leo

Neymar, absolutely the closest prodigy I had seen to Messi. I was excited like most of you when his transfer was followed pre-internet madness days minute by minute, even somewhat luke warm to his upside since he seemed too much show pony than competitor. Maybe he was like that early too but he became a force and I believe he’d not only have a BdO or two had he remained and transitioned the club post-Messi. But quedate didn’t materialize and what many feared, he’d implode to add to the Brasilian cautionary tale of failing to be a professional. But they say genius & madness are quite similar, he blew it. He got lazy, too obsessed with image/money/ego. So, he’s wealthy for generations but footballing wise he peaked at Barca. Ultimately too soon like Ronnie and many others. I also don’t think he ever led this club consistently like Ronnie ever did much Messi. Sure, the remontada he played key role but this was never a consistent protagonist to be that leader or era defining player at the club

Most even won’t recall for most of that tie, Neymar was absent for a lot of it

Lamine seems to have ego like any of us and a bit of obsession about his PR which can be a slippery slope too. Talent wise, we know he is already a more polished player than Ney ever was at the same age. I liked what ESPN’s Alejandro Moreno said nearly a year ago when they were geeking out over Lamine’s unreal emergence - the key would be how he is managed on/off the pitch. He’ll become a legend or another cautionary tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans