Nico Gonzalez

Windhook

Koeman wasn't a good defender.

In Cruyff's fluid system Koeman played as a libero, a position that demands influence on both defense and offense. Same as Beckenbauer and pre-Shakira Pique. Highlights mainly show Koeman's goals as he scored many long shots and free kicks. Saying he "wasn't a good defender" is an insult to all the great coaches that picked him in their starting lineups.

ajnotkeith

Even Segunda level player as Abel Ruiz can get a start with Spain at this point so I doubt it'll be too long till he plays some minutes.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I was the one who delivered this thread from obscurity not once, but twice.

It's just nice to have an actual big cunt in midfield. And he is a dribbling machine as well. We haven't had this profile since Yaya.

ajnotkeith

Top performance so far and not a 'good' game, a GOOD game. Clearly high in confidence to take men on like that, the more I criticise the better he plays.

His profile is obviously not how it was presented at the start, he's way more a 6 or an 8 than a DM, a real waste if he played DM as he is way better offensively than defensively. Great bursts forward

mc_lovin

His profile is obviously not how it was presented at the start, he's way more a 6 or an 8 than a DM, a real waste if he played DM as he is way better offensively than defensively. Great bursts forward

Pretty sure he will end up at DM, he looks a bit too heavy for CM. Not that we tried him there yet with Busquets still around, so it's anyone's guess how he will look there for the A team compared to his recent performances. The way he turns with the ball gives me a lot of hope - not that it would be a bad thing if he ends up in central midfield, but if he succeeds in Busi's position that would help the team/squad the most.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Obviously a small sample size but I think he will be a waste as a CDM. He can actually drive the ball forward while also having a dribble or a through ball in him.

ajnotkeith

If his biggest strength is dribbling no use playing him deep. In the games he played DM he looked bad, it's not his position, he likes to take the ball and beat his man. In a more advanced position this can = goals and assists whereas at DM might not impact the game. At interior has looked good

mc_lovin

If his biggest strength is dribbling no use playing him deep. In the games he played DM he looked bad, it's not his position, he likes to take the ball and beat his man. In a more advanced position this can = goals and assists whereas at DM might not impact the game. At interior has looked good

Has he played DM for the first team yet? Against Atletico both Busquets and him were drifting very wide.

Home of Barca Fans