Nico Gonzalez

Richard.H

Played very well, but I got to agree with [MENTION=9276]pregra[/MENTION] that he seemed to lose a lot of steam in the last 20 mins. Needs to work on fitness otherwise he put on an excellent performance.

Bobo32

I did not like some pas options. Offensively he is not good

I agree, he is very flawed in his decisions still, a bit slow to react too at other times.
But he had a pretty great game today nonetheless, and I like him very much.

Porque

Fitness will/should come with continued first team appearances.

I think his decision making mainly slowed when he was fatigued. Which is normal. He should think about bringing in Lomachenko's dad to play chess with him after training sessions.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Played very well, but I got to agree with [MENTION=9276]pregra[/MENTION] that he seemed to lose a lot of steam in the last 20 mins. Needs to work on fitness otherwise he put on an excellent performance.

He has been subbed off early a couple times to at his request. But no wonder, he's playing midfield as 85kgs, with that big frame your tank is not going to be as good as thin short Gavi. Have to work around that and work to his strengths.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Playing him at DM would be a waste. He is a juggernaut of a CM/CAM. His delivery and dribbling are already good, I only hope that he develops shooting now

ajnotkeith

Playing him at DM would be a waste. He is a juggernaut of a CM/CAM. His delivery and dribbling are already good, I only hope that he develops shooting now

When he was moved higher up the pitch his performances became much better. At DM doesnt utilise his talent going forward and putting guys behind him.

Andresito

Staff member
He's good at everything except the final third. He's like a taller Frenkie. I just hope Nico can become more decisive if he is to play at CM, otherwise it wouldn't hurt to try him at DM.
DM at Barca is very demanding, having a wide range of skills like Nico does can only be helpful.

JamDav1982

He is good in final third.

Must have set up the most good chances by far in last 4/5 games he played of anyone in the team from open play.

Same again yesterday. The Alba chance was arguably Barcas best of the match.

Him and FDJ in a double pivot would be class and can pick choose when to make their runs forward or sit and take a breether while other one goes.

Will never happen though.

Another one that will not be so knackered when teams are pinned in a bit more and the ball is doing more of work than as open as it was yesterday.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Every single one of our midfielders will look better in the final 3rd when we play with some actual forwards. Same has happened with Xavi and Iniesta, who were often 'sterile' for Spain despite their obvious dominance. Pedri looked like one of the best passers in the world at the Euros as well with some farily mediocre runners upfront and people here had the same complaints.

Home of Barca Fans