Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Yes, but that's because almost all fans still think this is old Barca, and not the new weaker version, where shining against La Liga sides is enough.

Still, Dembele is at least delivering constantly against La Liga level. Almost every week. And this is the biggest, most consistent output we got from him in 6 years nearly. Let's see where his growth gets him at. World Cup final was too high of a level all too soon for sure, which is why he was not himself and got subbed at HT.

United tie will be a good test for many. Xavi, Pedri, Gavi, Balde, Dembele, old Lewa, La Liga in its entirety almost.

Can't think of another tie to be used better as a measuring stick than this one.

United are making great progress but at the end of the day they are still far from being a top team. They lost to Sociedad in EL this season and are nowhere close to challenging Arsenal for the title.

They probably finish top4 this season but I think we should be beating them and as time has passed I'd be surprised if we didn't. The most interesting thing will be if we match Arsenal and see how we do there.

JamDav1982

Lol, it's a figure of speech. :lol:

One of Dembele or Rashford is gonna rise up to the challenge while the other will not quite. It's gonna be telling.

Nah you are putting far too much focus on one tie as being any huge deciding factor and it is not some competition between the two.

Why cant they both 'rise up'?

Why couldnt both be fairly quiet if stopped by opposition?

If Dembele does well and Rash doesnt it will be put down to Araujo and Shaw/Malacia anyway.

Lets hope Aron 'better RB than Kounde' has a poor game if plays.

Last edited:

serghei

United are making great progress but at the end of the day they are still far from being a top team. They lost to Sociedad in EL this season and are nowhere close to challenging Arsenal for the title.

They probably finish top4 this season but I think we should be beating them and as time has passed I'd be surprised if we didn't. The most interesting thing will be if we match Arsenal and see how we do there.

Nobody matches Arsenal this season bar 1-2 teams in the world probably. United beat all the strongest sides in England this season. Liverpool, City, Arsenal. Pretty strong test for anyone at Barca, from manager, to star players like Lewa or Dembele, to youngsters, to even criticized keepers gaving good seasons such as De Gea and Stegen.

Same for United.

JamDav1982

Nobody matches Arsenal this season bar 1-2 teams in the world probably. United beat all the strongest sides in England this season. Liverpool, City, Arsenal. Pretty strong test for anyone at Barca, from manager, to star players like Lewa or Dembele, to youngsters, to even criticized keepers gaving good seasons such as De Gea and Stegen.

Same for United.

De Gea is not even having close to as good a season as MATS so far and had a fair few errors. Was being trolled online for some of his actions v Arsenal again also.

That is up there with your 'Wan Bissaka is better RB than Kounde' claim.

Birdy

Seghei is applying his annoying agenda of whitewashing Xavi's shortcomings through belittling the value of our players individually
Man does this on every existing thread

So can't take his evaluation of Dembele seriously

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A permanently fit Dembele with this motivation and form can be worth as much as 20m a year. At the end of the day, if you don't sign that new contract, you are going to have to go out and get a new winger of similar or better ability which will probably cost far more than whatever his renewal figures are.

Only problem is maybe he loses a little desire and hunger if we sign him on a long-term bumper contract.

That's Lewandowski money more or less.

Should probably be around that. Hopefully his agent isn't delusional enough to demand 30, 40m on the scale of Mbappe.

serghei

Seghei is applying his annoying agenda of whitewashing Xavi's shortcomings through belittling the value of our players individually
Man does this on every existing thread

So can't take his evaluation of Dembele seriously

I'm actually upping my previous rating on Dembele, as now solid on La Liga level based on his form since he got back from injury under Xavi. It's a combination of factors, Dembele maturing, getting past his injury problems, and having a manager that likes him and values him.

serghei

Still has a long way to go until he matches your high appraisal though if I may add [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION].

feggydinho

United of then and now are different, they lost 6-3 to ManCity then and played badly but they seem to have clicked now. Watch them now and you'll see the difference

Kul_z

Anyone who thinks this united under eth is a coincidence are in for the rude awakening. Only positive thing is we are facing the team with similar philosophy right now, so it should be an open game where we have better individuals, but still they are growing a lot. Dembele should run riot, but if lewa and others dont have their scoring boots on it could become a very frustrasting tie for us.

Birdy

4h
(��) Dembele wants to renew at Bar?a and stay here for many more years.
@sanantheone
#Transfers ������⚡️

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ousmane Demb?l? has matured a lot as a person in recent times. He has moved into a calmer neighborhood with his wife and daughter, and only has two priorities: family and football. — @mundodeportivo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans