Paul Pogba

B

beautifulgame

In the current market, 50m IS a bargain.
Pogba basically is Yaya Toure and Draxler combined...
Arguably the best box-to-box midfielder in the world and yet he is still only 20 years old.

:-0

no.

The Observer

I would have to agree that he is overrated. He's big and strong and tidy on the ball but not exceptional, not yet. 55m is crazy money for Pogba, regardless of what a top prospect he is. On a side note though, it is quite funny to see United struggle with players like Cleverley, Anderson and Fellaini in their ranks when they could have had Pogba and Morrison for free had Ferguson been able to control his ego.

He's overrated because he's strong, tall, flies into tackles and scores the occasional long range belter. But at the end of the day he'll never become that type of midfielder where opposition coaches will say "we need to stop that guy from pulling the strings in midfield". He has the potential to become the complementary guy who adds steel and hussle to your side but not to be the guy. He's overrated the same way Yaya Toure is overrated and for the same reasons. Now overrated is relative of course and I'm using the word based on the € 55 million valuation rumour. He'd improve Manchester United tenfold obviously.

Harlequin

He's overrated because he's strong, tall, flies into tackles and scores the occasional long range belter. But at the end of the day he'll never become that type of midfielder where opposition coaches will say "we need to stop that guy from pulling the strings in midfield". He has the potential to become the complementary guy who adds steel and hussle to your side but not to be the guy. He's overrated the same way Yaya Toure is overrated and for the same reasons. Now overrated is relative of course and I'm using the word based on the € 55 million valuation rumour. He'd improve Manchester United tenfold obviously.

I hardly think Toure's overrated. His defensive contribution yes, but as an overall player? No chance. Hamann's actually just had a go at him for his failure to track opposition runners which I 100% agree with (City fan). He'd be improved if we had a competent defensive player in our midfield other than Fernandinho.

10 goals and 3 assists so far this year in the EPL though - not overrated. That's a quality CF's return and Yaya plays 90% of the time as a holding midfielder.

Just because a player doesn't pull the strings ala Pirlo, Xavi doesn't make them overrated. Different systems suit different players.

H

Haruko The Goon

"Pogba is basically Yaya and Draxler combined"

Pshhh - come off that dawg.

Djab

After scoring his goal against Sampdoria, he showed "R.I.S. City boys"on his undershirt.
What does that mean? :shrug:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

In other words, you merely have a love for the word but aren't using it as it's defined...This is a terrible assessment of both Yaya & Pogba, most would describe your assessment skills as overrated

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Don't think so, he's at his best imo when given some freedom

I think so too + maybe a little bit to risky. Than there is imo absolutely no sense in splashing money on him. Let us get a player that could play both backup for Busi and Xavi + send Song packing. Win win!

Irish_Cules

I wonder if he is considered as being a possible midfielder for us? He'd bring height and power yet still provide the skill and technique required to play in Barca's midfield. There's no chance of it happening in the near future but it's an interesting thought...

Football wise he could play an Iniesta-ish role in midfield, but we'll never sign him, he will stay at Juventus or go to PSG
But yea I think he could be a great signing if we did get to buy him

Home of Barca Fans